Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX28 DC-DC clock domain

Jump to solution
lategoodbye
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

looking at the reference manual for the i.MX28 (Figure 10-1. Logical Diagram of Clock Domains, Chapter 10 Clock Generation and Control (CLKCTRL), i.MX28 Applications Processor Reference Manual, Rev. 2, 08/2013) doesn't show the clock domain for the DC-DC.

So i created a little ASCII art accordingly to the diagramm in the RM:

https://gist.github.com/lategoodbye/e59dbe134f74e49c4b52

Is it correct?

Thanks Stefan

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Generally Your figure is correct. Note : there is no option of  DC_HALFCLK in HW_POWER_MINPWR. 

From section 11.2.1.2 (DC-DC Extended Battery Life Features) of the i.MX28 Reference Manual :

"DC-DC Switching Frequency—The standard DC-DC switching frequency is 1.5
MHz, which provides a good mix of efficiency and power output. The frequency can
be reduced to 750 KHz to reduce operating current in some light load situations
through DC_HALFCLK in HW_POWER_MINPWR. The DC-DC converter can
also be programmed to a frequency that is based on PLL using the SEL_PLLCLK
and FREQSEL fields in the HW_POWER_MISC register."

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Generally Your figure is correct. Note : there is no option of  DC_HALFCLK in HW_POWER_MINPWR. 

From section 11.2.1.2 (DC-DC Extended Battery Life Features) of the i.MX28 Reference Manual :

"DC-DC Switching Frequency—The standard DC-DC switching frequency is 1.5
MHz, which provides a good mix of efficiency and power output. The frequency can
be reduced to 750 KHz to reduce operating current in some light load situations
through DC_HALFCLK in HW_POWER_MINPWR. The DC-DC converter can
also be programmed to a frequency that is based on PLL using the SEL_PLLCLK
and FREQSEL fields in the HW_POWER_MISC register."

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
lategoodbye
Senior Contributor I

Thanks Yuri

0 Kudos