Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX or QorIQ

Jump to solution
damiendelamare
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm working on a project and I'm having 2 options for the proc either a i.MX6DualLite or a LS1021A, not restricted to those 2 but they are the most likely to be chosen.

The goal is to have:

2 CAN

2 I2S

4 Ethernet (10/100 behind a RGMII or RMII switch)

4 UART

2 USB + HUB for a minimum of 5 in total

1 SPI with 4 CS minimum

2 I2C

I'm assuming I could achieve nearly the same with both but components cost would probably be a concern somehow.

Why should I consider one before another?

BR,

Damien

Labels (1)
1 Solution
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Damien,

Although either i.MX6DL or LS1021A have the peripherals that your application requires, it could be a good option considering the end application.

The i.MX is more oriented to consumer and industrial applications, having more multimedia capabilities like IPU, GPU and multiple screens support, and it is powered by the ARM Cortex-A9.

On the other hand, the LS1021A is more oriented to industrial and networking applications, including more network protocols support.

The intended operating system may be other choice; while for LS1021A NXP provides a Linux BSP, for i.MX processors NXP provides Linux and Android BSPs.

In case that you are looking for a low power consumption including all the peripherals required by your application, you could consider the i.MX7D, which includes two ARM Cortex-A7 cores and one ARM Cortex-M4:

i.MX 7Dual Arm Cortex-A7 Processor|NXP

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Damien,

Although either i.MX6DL or LS1021A have the peripherals that your application requires, it could be a good option considering the end application.

The i.MX is more oriented to consumer and industrial applications, having more multimedia capabilities like IPU, GPU and multiple screens support, and it is powered by the ARM Cortex-A9.

On the other hand, the LS1021A is more oriented to industrial and networking applications, including more network protocols support.

The intended operating system may be other choice; while for LS1021A NXP provides a Linux BSP, for i.MX processors NXP provides Linux and Android BSPs.

In case that you are looking for a low power consumption including all the peripherals required by your application, you could consider the i.MX7D, which includes two ARM Cortex-A7 cores and one ARM Cortex-M4:

i.MX 7Dual Arm Cortex-A7 Processor|NXP

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!