Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX.RT1050 boot mode selection

Jump to solution
edw8
Contributor III

Hello, 

I'm not exactly sure what forum to ask this question in. Is there a common practice out there for selecting the i.MX.RT1050 boot mode? The resource manual gives the option to boot from fuses, boot via serial downloader or use an internal boot mode that may in part be aided by GPIO boot overrides. I am looking for a rule of thumb regarding which mode to choose. 

My understanding from reading the RM is that the fuse settings would require a process for programming each discrete unit, whereas the internal boot mode would bypass this process by relying on a set of GPIO levels that would be fixed for each unit. Is it fair to reduce the selection criteria to this statement or am I missing something else?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ed

common practice is that gpio boot used during development, for final

product one can use boot from fuses option. For programming images

serial downloader mode is used.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ed

common practice is that gpio boot used during development, for final

product one can use boot from fuses option. For programming images

serial downloader mode is used.

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
edw8
Contributor III

Thank you Igor

0 Kudos