cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX RT1020 DCDC not restarting after voltage dip

fredrikeriksen
Contributor II

We have a board running RT1020.

The main power structure is 12V -> 3.9V SMPS, then this 3.9V is going through and LDO to 3.3V and then to RT1020.

See schematic attached for how it is connected.

The problem is that if we dip main voltage below the point where the SMPS drops and thus the 3.3V signal starts to flicker, and then increase voltage back up, the DCDC of the RT1020 does not start. All other voltages are fine.

Any thoughts? Could it be something regarding the RC circuit on the DCDC_PSWITCH for instance?

Any help if greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
3 Replies

wj_ueos
Contributor III

DCDC_PSWITCH has to be brought below 0.5V in order for the DCDC to restart (it needs to see a low-to-high transition on the pin, not just a high level). I have seen the same behavior on RT1020, 50 and 60 series (identical DC/DC I would assume).

An external reset/supervisor controller is one way to solve this, pulling the pin low as long as the 3V3 isn't OK.

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Fredrik Eriksen,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
for the opportunity to serve you.
After going through your statement, I'm still a bit confused.
What's the exact meaning of the 'the DCDC of the RT1020 does not start', whether it means that the DCDC doesn't output the voltage ever.
In further, I was wondering if you can present the vary of the different voltages during the testing of voltage dip, and does it cause POR reset event?
Looking forward to your reply.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

denizcan
Contributor II

We have the same problem. When there is a power glitch, DCDC converter shuts down, and does not come back.. The MCU is inaccessible, even with JTAG, until power is cycled.. Pulling POR, ONOFF pin to low has no effect..

0 Kudos