cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX RT Series Boot Loader

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi,

I am using K66 and KV58 for our controller. 

1) I was told that NXP is going to update i.MX RT series instead of K and KV series. I want to starting develop our controller based on i.MX RT series.

2) Can anybody recommend MCU in RT series to replace K66, and KV?

For K66, I am using 32M SDRAM, 32M NOR flash, network, CANBUS, and etc...No LCD, camera interafces.

For KV58, I am using it to control 2 BLDCs+1D.

RT1050/1060/1064 will be a good fit? How about availability?

3) I am building boot-loader for K66 over USB and Network to write my application to internal flash. Can I do the same on RT series. Because I see there is flash loader in ROM that can't be changed, can you tell me how to do it? Do I need to build my own boot-loader in external flash, then load my application?

4) I am building boot-loader for KV58 over CANBUS to write my application to internal flash. Can I do the same on RT series. Because I see there is flash loader in ROM that can't be changed, can you tell me how to do it? Do I need to build my own boot-loader in external flash, then load my application?

5) RT 1050/1060/1064 are exchangeable on hardware level? What do I need to change?

Thanks,

Christie

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, I review the information on the RT1064, and this could be a good option.

Pavel_Hernandez_0-1684801603271.png

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos

Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, my name is Pavel, and I will be supporting your case, let me get into your case and when I have more information, I will contact you.

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos