cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX Hardware accelaration for AVC encoder- Aspect Ratio

duraiselvakumar
Contributor II

Hi all,

I got one issue regarding AVC H/W encoder(Aspect Ratio field is not filled) android - 5.0.2 lollipop in sabresd-imx6q board.

I need to change the SAR for the encoding stream, since by default H/W encoding don't have the VUI information. Hence most of the decoder calculate their aspect ratio based on the resolution. So that decoded video contains black bar on left and right side.

So i tried to find the SPS configuration regarding VUI parameters for aspect ratio info present flag but i can't able to find the configuration for hardware encoder.

Whether is there any provision to set the sample aspect ratio for h/w based encoding ?

Also i got the below error(unsupported index) as when i started AVC H/W based encoding

"E/OMXNodeInstance(  155): OMX_SetParameter() failed for StoreMetaDataInBuffers: 0x8000101a"

Thanks in advance.

Labels (5)
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Durai

for aspect ratio please check sect.3.2.2.21 DecInitialInfo

attached VPU Programming Manual.

Regarding error - had you installed Freescale Enhanced Codecs,

OMXPlayer package, they are also described in attached documents.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

duraiselvakumar
Contributor II

Hi igor,

Thanks for your support.

I will check it and let you know if any clarification.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Durai Selvakumar D

0 Kudos