Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX BulkIO driver for Vista?

Jump to solution
haryono
Contributor III

Dear All,

I connected i.MX53 QSB (without SD card inserted to make it go to serial downloader mode) to my computer, but I have no luck installing i.MX BulkIO driver on Vista.

Vista detected the QSB as "Unknown device".  It doesn't recognize the driver. I believe the driver was created for XP.

Is there a way to have BulkIO driver installed in Vista? Or Windows 7?

Thanks a lot.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
haryono
Contributor III

Finally I found the answer.

Windows notified me today that there is a newer driver from Prolific (PL2303 Smart I/O Windows Driver) for USB device.

After installing the driver, ll of the problem went away.

PL2303 Smart I/O Windows Driver:

http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/ShowProduct.aspx?p_id=225&pcid=41

For those who are in the same situation like me (using Windows Vista), here are the steps:

1. Install PL2303 Windows Driver from this link:

2. Remove the SD card from i.MX53 QSB slot. Remove any USB device connected to it (mouse, keyboard).

3. Plug in the micro USB to J3 connector on QSB, and the other end to your PC.

4. Press the "power" button on the QSB (next to the micro SD card slot).

5. When it asks for FreeScale BulkIO driver, browse to the location of the driver (under MfgTool folder).

6. Run MfgTool, or if it's already running, click "Scan devices". You should see "Freescale i.MX53 USB BulkIO Device" in either A, B, C, or D section.

7. To burn the Linux Target Image to the SD card, you need to insert the micro SD card first, and then click "Start" afterward to initiate the process.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
haryono
Contributor III

Adding some details:

I install the driver by selecting:

"Browse for driver on your computer" and then "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".

I picked BulkIO i.MX53, after a while it timeout.

0 Kudos
haryono
Contributor III

I managed to install the driver after several retries.

Now I am stuck with "Device cannot start (code 10)" on Windows.

MFGTool is unable to connect to the device.

Any idea? Somebody? Please?

0 Kudos
haryono
Contributor III

Ok, after restarting my PC, now it's detected properly (show up ok in Device Manager).

However, somehow MFGTool won't even run now. I double click the icon, got busy mouse icon for several seconds, and that's it.

Any idea?

0 Kudos
haryono
Contributor III

Ok, what I found is, whenever I plug in QSB, I won't be able to run MFGTool. I saw it running in Task Manager, but it's not visible.

If I unplugged QSB, then it works ok. Very, very annoying. :smileysad:

I assumed Freescale team had tested MFGTool with different version of Windows.

So, is this it? MFGTool cannot be used in Vista?

0 Kudos
haryono
Contributor III

Finally I found the answer.

Windows notified me today that there is a newer driver from Prolific (PL2303 Smart I/O Windows Driver) for USB device.

After installing the driver, ll of the problem went away.

PL2303 Smart I/O Windows Driver:

For those who are in the same situation like me (using Windows Vista), here are the steps:

1. Install PL2303 Windows Driver from this link:

2. Remove the SD card from i.MX53 QSB slot. Remove any USB device connected to it (mouse, keyboard).

3. Plug in the micro USB to J3 connector on QSB, and the other end to your PC.

4. Press the "power" button on the QSB (next to the micro SD card slot).

5. When it asks for FreeScale BulkIO driver, browse to the location of the driver (under MfgTool folder).

6. Run MfgTool, or if it's already running, click "Scan devices". You should see "Freescale i.MX53 USB BulkIO Device" in either A, B, C, or D section.

7. To burn the Linux Target Image to the SD card, you need to insert the micro SD card first, and then click "Start" afterward to initiate the process.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos