Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX 8XLite Evaluation Kit boot error

Jump to solution
jackchen1
Contributor I

Hello everyone,

I have a i.MX 8XLite Evaluation KitMCIMX8DXL-WEVK, SCH-54318 REV A3. Now, there is

some questions:  1if boot from SD cardit will  power down and up cyclical about 300 milliseconds. 

2serial download modewhen insert USB typ CJ15),PC show "LIBUSB_ERROR_IO" by uuu download.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sanket_Parekh
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @jackchen1,

I hope you are doing well

Both BSP versions will function well, however using the most recent BSP version is usually advised as it comes with the latest drivers and firmware for more flexibility.

Thanks & Regards,
Sanket Parekh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
claudio_b
Contributor II

I have the same problem.

I downloaded LF_v6.1.36-2.1.0_images_IMX8DXLEVK.zip and I mounted on SD card "imx-image-full-imx8dxlevk.wic" (7GB size)

.When I plug the SD card and I switch on the board, led D3 start blinking (I suppose it is resetting continously).

Dip switches of SW1 are set to 1101.

i don't see any data on the serial port. I only see COM port 12-13-14-15 even if the board is powered off.

0 Kudos
Sanket_Parekh
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @jackchen1,

Kindly confirm that you are booting the EVK with the correct image.
Please try to boot the board with the Demo images provided by NXP from the below link.

Thanks & Regards,
Sanket Parekh
0 Kudos
jackchen1
Contributor I
Hi Sanket Parekh,
Thanks for your response, We have tried a few image including Linux 6.1.1_1.0.0 and Linux 6.1.22_2.0.0 (latest version). We couldn't be sure which version is OK. thanks!
0 Kudos
Sanket_Parekh
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @jackchen1,

Both BSP versions will function well, however using the most recent BSP version is usually advised as it comes with the latest drivers and firmware for more flexibility.

Thanks & Regards,
Sanket Parekh

0 Kudos