cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX 8QM SECO HSM driver

Csongor
Contributor II

Hi everyone!

I would like to get some help clarifying a question about the i.MX 8QM HSM driver.

I'm working on a project where I would need to use the HSM driver of the i.MX 8QM SoC installed on a Toradex Apalis i.MX8QM board we use. We use a custom Linux BSP (details at the bottom), with the imx-seco-libs, kernel configuration, all required settings set correctly (I believe).

I'm trying to follow the AN12906 she_hsm_example tutorial to get the SECO HSM driver operational, but while the SHE driver works correctly, the HSM does not, and the information I find about the existence of the HSM driver is mixed.

- The IMX8QMAEC and the IMX8QMIEC datasheet document say: "Dedicated Security Controller for Flashless SHE and HSM support, Trustzone" (Page 3, Security row). 

- The IMX8QMSWSTACKDOC document says: "Security firmware supporting HSM, SHE and secure boot".

- On the other hand, the AN12906 (released for i.MX 8QXP) document says: "The HSM architecture is compatible with only i.MX 8QXP Rev C0 and i.MX 8DXL.". This implicates that the i.MX8QM does not.

- Also, mentioned in a comment, that "We DON"T support HSM API for i.MX8QM device, SHE API can be used in i.MX8QM." (Which correlates with the fact that the SHE driver is working as expected when I try it)

So my question is: Does the i.MX 8QM SoC support the SECO HSM driver or is it only supported on the i.MX 8QXP Rev C0 and the i.MX 8DXL as stated in AN12906?

BSP information:
- BSP: Based on Toradex Reference Minimal Image 5.5.0, with changes such as secure boot.
- Kernel: downstream based NXP BSP 5.4.70_2.3.3
- U-Boot: downstream based NXP 2020.04
- SCFW: based on imx-scfw-porting-kit 1.7.4
- SCU: NXP i.MX SECO 3.8.1
- TF-A FW: based on NXP BSP L5.4.70_2.3.2

Many thanks,
Csongor

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
0 Replies