cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX 8M Plus ISP: On-the-fly reconfiguration of camera resolution

df123
Contributor II

Hi,

We are currently running tests using the i.MX 8M Plus EVK and Basler daA3840 camera kit. We would like to operate the camera at different resolutions and switch resolution on-the-fly (i.e. example workflow: camera operating at 1080p@30fps -> reconfigure camera/ISP -> camera operating at 4K@10fps). Currently we need to restart the isp_media_server (i.e. by running ./start_isp.sh). This takes about 6.5 s, which is not acceptable for our use case.

Is there a better (faster) way to reconfigure the ISP, ideally by going directly via some API?

3 Replies

df123
Contributor II

Does anyone have an answer here? How can we change the resolution without losing too much time?

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

since I have already mailed to the DFAE, I will close this case here

0 Kudos

darsh_dev
Contributor V

Hi @df123 ,

Our observation is that, in default Linux bsp there is start_isp.sh script which runs  “/opt/imx8-isp/bin/run.sh”  and that is getting auto started. So, even you kill it, it will be auto started again. So, if you execute “start_isp.sh CAMERA0” then two process are getting conflict one the command you executed and another one which got auto run by Linux and ultimately command run by you will fail after timeout. So, just for try we renamed start_isp.sh. So, it won’t be rerun by Linux automatically. In this case if we rerun start_isp_renamed script again, isp_media_server is restart successfully within 1-2 sec.

0 Kudos