cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX 8M Mini - unable to read boundary scan

adevries
Contributor V

Hello,

I am attempting to use boundary scanning on an i.MX 8M Mini processor, and I cannot seem to read the input states of the pins properly. I have 2 devices in my JTAG chain, with the i.MX being the first device. I'm using a JTAGLive scanner to do some boundary scanning, and it is able to discover both devices in my chain. Using the boundary scanning controller, I can toggle the outputs of both devices, and I know that I am clocking data into the chain and receiving different data being clocked out of the chain. However, whenever I try to read the input status of different pins on the i.MX, their status never changes. I have checked this with multiple pins. I am currently booting with BOOT_MODE 0 and 1 pulled high by 4.7k, TEST_MODE pulled high by 4.7k, JTAG_MOD pulled low by 100k, WDOG_B pulled high by a 10k, I believe I have everything set correctly. I can get the boundary scanning ID number, and it is shown as 00011100111110000000010101010011, which is what I expect to see based on the BSDL file. I just can't seem to read a changing input on this device.

Does anyone have any ideas what might cause this kind of boundary scanning behavior? Or has anyone successfully implemented boundary scanning on an i.MX 8M Mini?

I'm happy to provide additional information, boundary scanning results, or anything else that might be useful, just let me know.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

In section 5.5 (Boundary scan operation) of the i.MX 8M Mini Hardware Developer’s Guide,

Rev. 1, 08/2019, the SWITCH SW1101 [1-10] should be set as  1111110001.

Check if Your boot options meet it.

Have a great day,

Yuri

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

adevries
Contributor V

Hi Yuri,

Thanks for the response. I have been looking into this issue more, and I think my initial understanding of the problem was mistaken. I posted more about the issue in this thread: 8M Mini EVK JTAG , but please feel free to branch those responses into their own forum post. Please disregard this post.

Thanks

0 Kudos