Did you mean: 

i.MX 8M Mini's GPU,MMU, COMMAND BUF was dump in hot and humid environment

wushenghong
Contributor I

Background:

Chip Part number:MIMX8MM6DVTLZAA

Environment Temperature: 60℃

Environment Humidity:95℃

1. The equipment under test was placed in this environment for 4 hours,then power up the i.MX8M Mini Mainboard and abnormal condition was showed. Such like Screen into black, The mouse movement is slow, system powered up but no app's logo in the main menu.......

2. I get the core temperature, it was about 78℃,Does not exceed the maximum operating temperature of 95℃ as stated in the specification.

3. The obtained log information is described in the attachment. We can find out i.MX8M Mini's GPU、MMU and COMMAD BUF was dump. and a lot of register data is printed.

Based on the above description, please help to analyze the cause of the problem and what measure can be imported to solve?

Thanks!

wushenghong_0-1631013808653.png

wushenghong_1-1631013845133.png

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello wushenghong,

Is this our evaluation board or you have your own board?

How many units are exhibiting this behavior?

What does uboot report as the temperature immediately after first power on after sitting unpowered at room temperature overnight?

In chamber at 60C while leaving unpowered for at least an hour, what temperature does uboot report immediately after first power on?

Regards

0 Kudos

wushenghong
Contributor I

Hi Bio_TICFSL,

Is this our evaluation board or you have your own board?

-------it's our own designed board. The power architecture refers to the design of the Evaluation Board and uses 2*1GB DDR4+16G eMMC.PMIC is BD71847AMWV-E2.

How many units are exhibiting this behavior?

----------Our sample quantity is limited, only 2pcs have been tested, and all 2pcs have appeared.

What does uboot report as the temperature immediately after first power on after sitting unpowered at room temperature overnight?

---------it's 32℃.

In chamber at 60C while leaving unpowered for at least an hour, what temperature does uboot report immediately after first power on?

----about 65℃,The uboot temperature in the above log is 78 ° C, because we re-powered to capture the log after the previous power-on and abnormal phenomena occurred.

wushenghong_0-1631063623275.png

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, What was the ambient when the board booted up and showed 32C?

Can you dump the UID (fuses 0x410 and 0x420) info from each device as well as the fuse value at 0x4F0?

Regards

0 Kudos