i.MX 8M Mini EVK CAAM TRNG

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX 8M Mini EVK CAAM TRNG

joe_nierste
Contributor I

I have an i.MX 8M Mini EVK, and I am trying to get a True Random Number Generation from it on the M4 processor.  At the bottom of page 530 in IMX8MMSRM.pdf, Table 8-207 shows an example of Descriptor values for initialization and instantiation of the RNG for the JDKEK, but it doesn't show the addresses of where to write these values or the address(es) of the result.  There is a description of the 256-bit Job Descriptor Key Encryption Key Register at address 3090_0400h in section 8.13.32 on pages 693 and 694.  Is this where the Descriptor values are to be written?  If not, then where?  If so, then should the Descriptor values be written starting at address 3090_0400h?  Where is the result stored?  Is there a bet
ter way for the M4 processor to acquire a True Random Number?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Joe

caam address for M4 processor is described in sect.2.1.3 Cortex-M4 Memory Map

i.MX 8M Mini Applications Processor Reference Manual

RNG examples can be found in MX6 baremetal SDK in  ../sdk/drivers/caam/src/caam.c

rt-thread/caam.c at master · RT-Thread/rt-thread · GitHub 

Linux caam driver description in Chapter 8 "Security" Linux Manual in  Linux 4.19.35_1.1.0 Documentation

caamrng.c\caam\crypto\drivers - linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 

CAAM (Cryptographic Accelerator and Assurance Module) 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos