i.MX 8M - How is gstreamer using the plugin vpudec (hardware decoder) to decode (for example) an h264 stream ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX 8M - How is gstreamer using the plugin vpudec (hardware decoder) to decode (for example) an h264 stream ?

andy_bern
Contributor I

How is gstreamer using the plugin vpudec (hardware decoder) to decode for example an h264 stream on the i.MX 8M processor? Is it through the imx-vpuwrap API?
Is it possible to see (read out) which parameter gstreamer gives the API while initializing or while decoding?
Is it possible to modify the parameters gstreamer is giving the API (maybe in the initialisation process or while decoding)  to have more control over the decoding process?

The example pipeline for vpudec is usualy like this: udpsrc -> h264depay -> vpudec -> ...

The embedded system has the yocto BSP version of 2.5 (sumo).

Regards

andy

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

firstly, pls let me know what imx8m product you use? imx8mq, imx8mm or imx8mn?

0 Kudos

andy_bern
Contributor I

Hello, i 'm using the imx8mq processor.

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

VPU wrapper library provides encoding and decoding functions of streams for VPUs with library interfaces such as the
Hantro VPU on the i.MX 8M family, if you just want to change the vpu parameter though vpu api, you can use unit test which has special vpu test module, gstreamer can send parameter to the vpu, like encoding or decoding format, width, height and so on

0 Kudos