Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX 7ULP power-on hours restriction in HSRUN

Jump to solution
Nico_H
Contributor II

Hello,

in the datasheet of the i.MX 7ULP (industrial variant) is written in a footnote:

"CA7 domain HSRUN is limited to 8760 power-on hours over the lifetime of the product. The total power-on hours includes all CA7 power modes except VLLS mode and VBAT mode in which the CA7 domain is internally power-gated."

1. What should we expect if the processor exceed this limit?
  2. Is there also a limitation for normal RUN?
  3. Is there also a limitation for the M4 in HSRUN?
  4. Does the second sentence mean? Is it no matter in which mode the A7 runs for counting the power-on hours for HSRUN? So if the A7 runs for example 8760 hours in normal RUN, the limit for HSRUN has also been reached although the A7 hasn't run in that domain?

Thanks and best regards,

Nico H.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

1> After a cumulative 2190 8760 hours of HSRUN, the DDR clock tree starts shifting and may require adjustment of the DDR duty cycle.
2> No
3> CA7 only
4> It is as stated "all CA7 power modes except VLLS mode and VBAT mode in which the CA7 domain is internally power-gated."

Best regards,
Aldo.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Nico_H
Contributor II

For other who may read this thread: 8760 hours for the instustrial variant, 2190 hours for the consumer variant.

Please correct me if I'm wrong with this.

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Yes, you're correct, I'll edit my previous response so it is alligned to your question, sorry for the confusion.

Best regards,
Aldo.

0 Kudos
AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

1> After a cumulative 2190 8760 hours of HSRUN, the DDR clock tree starts shifting and may require adjustment of the DDR duty cycle.
2> No
3> CA7 only
4> It is as stated "all CA7 power modes except VLLS mode and VBAT mode in which the CA7 domain is internally power-gated."

Best regards,
Aldo.