Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX 6ULL Low power modes

Jump to solution
ranjithkumar_kv
Contributor II

Hi,

We are planning to use i.MX 6ULL processor in our project. We wish to know what are the low power modes available for 6ULL processor like mem and freeze available for i.MX 8M Mini processor. So please help us in providing the available low power modes.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello

In reference from this other thread:

https://community.nxp.com/message/328922

Does stand-by mode means imx6' stop mode?

Both standby and mem mode, i.MX6 will enter stop mode, the different of standby and mem mode are: in mem mode, ARM core's power will be gated and DDR IO will be floated, mem mode is the most power saving mode, named deep sleep mode(DSM).

When the imx6-linux enter the suspend,which mode does the imx6 enter?

You can make linux enter suspend by "echo mem > /sys/power/state", or "echo standby > /sys/power/state", to wake up system from suspend, you can use RTC wake up or power key. For example, "echo +3 > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm", system will auto resume 3 seconds after suspend.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Aldo.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

In our BSP i.MX 6 family support standby mode and dormant (mem) mode, freeze is not supported.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Aldo.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
ranjithkumar_kv
Contributor II

Hi Aldo,

Thanks for your quick reply. And what string must be passed to the /sys/power/state file to make the processor to enter the standby mode and can you also explain what will be happening in standby mode?

Thanks,

Ranjith

0 Kudos
AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello

In reference from this other thread:

https://community.nxp.com/message/328922

Does stand-by mode means imx6' stop mode?

Both standby and mem mode, i.MX6 will enter stop mode, the different of standby and mem mode are: in mem mode, ARM core's power will be gated and DDR IO will be floated, mem mode is the most power saving mode, named deep sleep mode(DSM).

When the imx6-linux enter the suspend,which mode does the imx6 enter?

You can make linux enter suspend by "echo mem > /sys/power/state", or "echo standby > /sys/power/state", to wake up system from suspend, you can use RTC wake up or power key. For example, "echo +3 > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm", system will auto resume 3 seconds after suspend.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Aldo.

0 Kudos
ranjithkumar_kv
Contributor II

Hi Aldo,

Thanks for your reply. The information given by you will be very helpful to us.

Regards

Ranjith

0 Kudos