cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX 6ULL - Is Qt5 Supported?

brianptl
Contributor III

Hi All,

I am following the document "i.MX Yocto Project User's Guide.pdf".

I have set up the development environment, e.g.

$ mkdir imx-yocto-bsp
$ cd imx-yocto-bsp
m imx-4.9.88-2.0.0_ga.xml
$ repo sync

etc..

Once I have done this, I see a note in the document ~/imx-yocto-bsp/README-IMXBSP

Note Qt is not supported on i.MX 6UltraLite and i.MX 7Dual. It works on X11 backend only but is not a supported feature.

My questions are:

• Does this note apply to the i.MX 6ULL? I think not from the wording, but I believe the 6ULL is based on the 6UL so I want to check.
  • Is there a matrix of supported software vs i.MX 6 variant that I can refer to in order to determine we are picking the correct chip for our software requirements?

Thanks,

Brian.

Labels (4)
3 Replies

linda_zhang
Contributor IV

Hi Brian,

We have ported QT5.6.2 on our MYD-Y6ULX board, but imx6UL can not support GPU and hardware graphics.

It can only display from software but video effects might not too strong.

MEasy HMI QT Demo on i.MX6UL/6ULL MYD-Y6ULX Development Board - YouTube 

Best regards,

Linda

ATAineri
Contributor III

And how to build yocto for imx6ull with qt5 and cross-compile qt application for it(or maybe better to compile it on the board)?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Brian

i.MX6ULL is reduced version of i.MX6UL and it is also not supported,

as described in sect.2.1 New features attached Release Notes:

Qt 5 is not supported for SoCs without hardware graphics. Qt 5 video is not supported on SoCs without a VPU.

i.MX Family Matrix

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/brochure/FLYRIMXPRDCMPR.pdf 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos