i.MX 6Dual/6Quad minimmum CPU freuquency.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX 6Dual/6Quad minimmum CPU freuquency.

ameerhamza
Contributor III

Hi all,

I am using Nirtogen6x board. When i switch the CPU frequency from 100MHz(from PLL1) to 3MHz(PLL1 bypass, OSC_24MHz clock), it takes almost takes 1.5 seconds (0.5 seconds extra, losses 500 ticks). But after switching to 3 MHz it works fine. where as when i switch from 100MHz(from PLL1) to 24MHz(PLL1 bypass, OSC_24 MHz clock) it takes 1 second which is the right case. I just have the question if the CPU can work fine at minimmum frequency of 3MHz ? Any help would be appreciated, kind of stuck now.

Thanks,

Ameer Hamza.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ameer Hamza,

Actually, Freescale Linux driver will dynamic adjust the CPU frequency when running.

It will monitor the system loading and change frequency. Your Nirtogen6x board is designed by third company. You'd better contact them.
Have a great day,
Rita

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos