i.MX 6 SABRE for Smart Devices board and Android 4.3 image: H.264 video streaming from camera not working

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX 6 SABRE for Smart Devices board and Android 4.3 image: H.264 video streaming from camera not working

bt_mauri
Contributor II

Hi there,

I'm trying the test briefly described in the subject.

To stream video I'm using the open source app spydroid-ipcamera (spydroid-ipcamera - Turns your android powered device into a nice ip camera - Google Project Hosting).

It seems that android mediaserver crashes when the app asks for video.

My questions are:

- am I doing something wrong?

- are video streaming functionality supported on this demo board running Android?

I'm attaching the Android log of the crash to this post.

Thanks in advance for any answer.

Original Attachment has been moved to: log_media_server_dies.log.zip

Labels (3)
8 Replies

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Does your log shows only one line? Or I got the wrong file?

What is exactly, the Freescale Android Release version you´re using?

- am I doing something wrong?

>> I don´t know so far

- are video streaming functionality supported on this demo board running Android?

>> Yes, video streaming is supported but it´s important to make sure you´re using one of the supported codec/protocols. And this information you get from your android release notes.

So, please, make sure you´re trying to stream a movie that a) may be played locally in your sdcard, and b) a codec that are supported for streaming using a supported protocol.

bt_mauri
Contributor II

Hi Daiane,

yes, the file contains only one line.. but this is strange: originally it was a full log..

I'll try to get the old log or to repeat the test as soon as possible.

The android version I'm using is this: IMX6_JB43_110_ANDROID_DEMO_BSP

at this link: https://www.freescale.com/webapp/Download?colCode=IMX6_JB43_110_ANDROID_DEMO_BSP&appType=license&loc... Support Packages&WT_VENDOR=FREESCALE&WT_FILE_FORMAT=gz&WT_ASSET=Downloads&Parent_nodeId=1337723891654732089522&Parent_pageType=product

I'll check the information about the supported codecs/protocols, but I have one question:

what would I expect when asking the android mediaserver to play unsupported media?
Currently I think it just crashes..

Thanks a lot and regards,

Fabio

0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

"unsupported" may means 2 things:

* it´s unsupported by Freescale, so it is not part of freescale release. If google provide the support, it will work but with no hardware acceleration

* it´s unsupported by anyone and you will see an error

In case of lack of hardware acceleration, if may "work" or not, it will depend on cpu usage at that point, and the result may be "visible" or not

0 Kudos

bt_mauri
Contributor II

Thanks for the clarifications, I will better investigate the issue and come back to you with required details as soon as possible.

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Fabio

We are sorry for getting back to you so late. Are you still stuck with the issue? If you have somehow to resolved the issue, can we close the discussion? If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

bt_mauri
Contributor II

Hi Yixing,

my goal was to evaluate the reliability of provided Android platform for iMX6 boards for multimedia applications purposes.

I couldn't manage to avoid the error in the attached logs.

I'm currently carrying out similar evaluations on Linux Yocto-based distribution.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Fabio

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Fabio, I am going to branch your request to an internal group and assign an engineer to work on it.

Thanks,

Yixing

bt_mauri
Contributor II

Ok, thank you.

I look forward for any news

0 Kudos