Jump to solution
eugenevolkov
Contributor IV

Hi.

In i.MX 6 BSP Porting Guide 1.2.1 Preparing the Code

I created a script, as suggested:

#!/bin/bash

export ARCH=arm

export CROSS_COMPILE=/opt/poky/1.7.1/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linuxgnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-

make distclean;

make mx6vega_config

make

but when the script error occurs - /cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linuxgnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc:     No such file or directory

Indeed, in my folder I can not find  /cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linuxgnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
eugenevolkov
Contributor IV

Hi. I solved the problem. I installed meta-toolchain https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-94849.

Сhanged in the script path, and after that I was compiled U-Boot.:smileyhappy:

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
fnairz
Contributor II
but when the script error occurs - /cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linuxgnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc:     No such file or directory

Did you notice the '/' in front of the path? I assume that this is why you see the error.

Indeed, in my folder I can not find  /cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linuxgnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-

This sentence answers the question on your own. Whe you can't find the path to the compiler direction, how should the shell find it.

Make sure you hav installed the arm-poky-linux compiler into some folder (eg. /opt/poky/...), add the path to your bin directory, located into the compiler folder, to your PATH environment variable (export PATH=/opt/poky/...:$PATH) and let the CROSS_COMPILE variable point to the same place, including 'arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-' which is a prefix for the compiler you are using to compile the kernel or whatever.

0 Kudos
eugenevolkov
Contributor IV

Hello.

Thank you for your posts!

I'm trying to compile the Linux for custom board.

To do this, I follow recommendations "i.MX 6 BSP Porting Guide"

"Make sure you hav installed the arm-poky-linux compiler into some folder (eg. / Opt / poky / ...),"

How do I install it? I am new to Linux, so I refer to "Freescale_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide."

In Yocto Training - https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-94849, proposed to install "meta-toolchain"

It's something that I need to install?

0 Kudos
eugenevolkov
Contributor IV

Hi. I solved the problem. I installed meta-toolchain https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-94849.

Сhanged in the script path, and after that I was compiled U-Boot.:smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Eugene,

Thanks for sharing your solution,

/Alejandro

0 Kudos
Embedding
Contributor II

export CROSS_COMPILE=/opt/poky/1.7.1/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linuxgnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi- Instead of this .

Is the below path is available?

export CROSS_COMPILE=/opt/poky/1.7.1/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-

0 Kudos
eugenevolkov
Contributor IV

No. In folder "opt/poky/1.7.1/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin" there are no directories.

In this folder i install "Pre-Built buildtools Tarball"(Yocto Project Reference Manual). 

0 Kudos
eugenevolkov
Contributor IV

help me! i first creat yocto. I don know? why do I get errors when I do my documentation?

0 Kudos
konstantynproko
Contributor III

Hello Eugene,

What do you trying to build (application, drivers)? Are you using Freescale dev board and which flavour of kernel and distribution you are using?

Second, you need a cross-compiler toolchain with gcc, libraries, headers to build for imx6. You can download it as Freescale suggested or from linaro website. They have references for Cortex-A9 which is imx6

export path to your toolchain binaries, for example: export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/toolchain/arm-linux-gnueabi/bin

In any case, describe in more details what are you planning to build.

Regards,

Konstantyn Prokopenko.

0 Kudos