i.MX 6,7,8 support USB device mode support to UVC

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX 6,7,8 support USB device mode support to UVC

sean4
Contributor II

I'm checking the i.MX material and wants to know is i.MX 6,7,8 support USB device mode support to UVC and can connect to PC USB port as camera?

4 Replies

rmain_mws
Contributor I

I need to do the same - attach a MIPI camera to an i.MX6 MCU, and present a UVC interface to the USB.

I looked for UVC within the MCUXpresso peripheral configuration for the USB Middleware, and was disappointed to find this is not a supported class. 

I presume this is the same functionality provided by the Ridgerun UVC Gadget Library, but $2500 license fee means I'll be dropping the iMX6 as an option for this project.

In my opinion, it's pretty ludicrous to provide a device with heavy processing power, a camera interface ideal for streaming, and then ignore the obvious STANDARD defined to complete the stream.

Cheers,

Robb.

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Vencer,

Correct!!! all MX6, MX7 MX8 support UVC. Please read The USB certification:

I.MX6 series USB Certification Guides

Regards

0 Kudos

sean4
Contributor II

Hi Bio,

Thank you for your reply. I check the USB certification and only can find iMX6 as host and test with Logitech QuickCam. Could you please teach me where to find the iMX6 as USB device (Camera) to connect with PC. Thank you.

Vencer

0 Kudos

marcomadrigal
Contributor III

Hi,

For i.MX6 you need to enable the g_webcam driver in the kernel however, this gadget driver requires a user space application to finish the enumeration and attend the USB requests. You might need something like this in order to get it working on i.MX6:

USB Video Class Gadget Library | UVC Driver Linux | UVC Linux 

Best Regards,

Marco

www.ridgerun.com

0 Kudos