how to use the 12_09_01_oneiric file Ubuntu63 file, I want to use the Ubuntu in the SDB development board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use the 12_09_01_oneiric file Ubuntu63 file, I want to use the Ubuntu in the SDB development board

shizheng
Contributor I

Hello, how to use the 12_09_01_oneiric file bag series Ubuntu63 documents for the establishment of a Ubuntu virtual machine, I want to use Ubuntu in SABRE SDB development board, please reply to my email: embed_info@126.com thank you

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
27 Replies

SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

have you tried using the BSPs available in our website:

SABRE Platform for Smart Devices Based on the|Freescale

0 Kudos

shizheng
Contributor I

I was in Hongkong last year from Avnet company bought Freescale SABRE SDB development board

I downloaded L3.0.35_4.1.0_ER_UBUNTU_RFS_BSP, (package name: 12_09_01_oneiric) after extracting UBUNTU63.VMX open in VMWARE8.0, but running the virtual file after "operating system no found", my purpose is to build a UBUNTU virtual machine in VMWARE8.0 to the SDB development board, is there no guidelines related to the use of, thank you

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

As for host environment,  please refer to the next Community link for recent

recommendations about Linux host setup :

"i.MX Linux BSP Environment Setup"

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-95042

The UBUNTU_RFS is intended for deployment to target board via the MFG or just using Linux
copy command (on host). 

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

shizheng
Contributor I

Hello, the picture tools software name please tell me, now I cannot print on SAERB SDB board startup information display in PC terminal

Thank you

0 Kudos

shizheng
Contributor I

Hello

In your company demonstrates how to use the SABRE development board video, which is the terminal information printing software tools to connect to the PC end? Can you recommend to me? Thank you

Because I now use Micro USB connection SABRE (USB debug port J509) and PC, unable to Android starts at the SABRE to see print information in PC terminal

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The following may be useful.

"i.MX Development Quick Start"

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-95563

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

shizheng
Contributor I

Hello, please send a copy of Setting_up_LTIB_Host_L3.0.35_1.1.0.pdf to us

Thank you

在 2014-08-18 09:07:18,"Yuri Muhin" <admin@community.freescale.com> 写道:

|

|

|

|

reply from Yuri Muhin in i.MX Community - View the full discussion

The following may be useful.

"i.MX Development Quick Start"

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-95563

Have a great day,

Yuri

0 Kudos

shizheng
Contributor I

Hello, I have finished execution steps in the picture, I should do what action behind can see information print to PC end of the SABRE_SDB board after the start? Thank you

在 2014-08-18 02:29:20,"Yuri Muhin" <admin@community.freescale.com> 写道:

|

|

|

|

https://www.freescale.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L3.0.35_4.1.0_LINUX_DOCS&location=null&fasp=1&Pare...

i.MX 6 Series Software and Development Tool R|Freescale

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Freescale Community

Start a new discussion in i.MX Community by email or at Freescale Community

Following how to use the 12_09_01_oneiric file Ubuntu63 file, I want to use the Ubuntu in the SDB development board in these streams: Inbox

|

|

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have You prepared  bootable SD ?

~Yuri.

0 Kudos

shizheng
Contributor I

Hello

Now SABRE SDB plate to start the power I can see u-boot printing in PC super terminal information, but just repeat the following information ", can not enter the u-boot, please tell me which way to go to solve, thank you

PHY indentify @ 0x1 = 0x004dd074

FEC: Link is Up 796d

Using FEC0 device

TFTP from server 192.168.1.101; our IP address is 192.168.1.103

Filename'uImage'.

Load address: 0x10800000

Loading: *

T

T

FEC: Link is down 7949

在 2014-08-22 10:33:00,"Yuri Muhin" <admin@community.freescale.com> 写道:

|

|

|

|

Have You prepared bootable SD ?

~Yuri.

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Freescale Community

Following how to use the 12_09_01_oneiric file Ubuntu63 file, I want to use the Ubuntu in the SDB development board in these streams: Inbox

|

|

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Looks like U-boot automatically starts NFS-based boot.
Please re-configure U-boot  environment as needed, using
section 7.2 (Downloading Images by U-Boot) of
"i.MX_6Dual6Quad_SABRE-SD_Linux_User's_Guide.pdf"

~Yuri.

0 Kudos

shizheng
Contributor I

Hello, now the problem has been close to the solution stage, I try to modify the configuration parameters in the u-boot-2009.08/include/configs/mx6q_sabresd.h now, so that you can boot from the SD3 into the kernel rather than through the network, but I F:\imx6q\2014_5_3\imx6q_softwae\ L3.0.35_4.1.0_130816_source\L3.0.35_4.1.0_130816_source\pkgs\u-boot-2009.08.tar.bz2 not found in the mx6q_sabresd.h file, please tell me where I can find this file

Thank you

在 2014-08-22 12:33:58,"Yuri Muhin" <admin@community.freescale.com> 写道:

|

|

|

|

Looks like U-boot automatically starts NFS-based boot.

Please re-configure U-boot environment as needed, using

section 7.2 (Downloading Images by U-Boot) of

"i.MX_6Dual6Quad_SABRE-SD_Linux_User's_Guide.pdf"

~Yuri.

|

|

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please use Chapter 1 (Porting U-Boot from an i.MX 6Dual/6Quad Reference

Board to an i.MX 6Dual/6Quad Custom Board) of the "i.MX_6Dual6Quad_BSP_Porting_Guide.pdf"

how to work with U-boot.

~Yuri.

0 Kudos

shizheng
Contributor I

Hello

Last week's problem now basically solved, is I run some U-BOOT commands, let SDB plate to start SD from the start, please look at the picture, has been able to mount the root file system, but it looks like and what UBUNTU did not contact, HDMI display my also does not have any display, please tell me how can I let UBYNTU boot and is displayed on the monitor

在 2014-08-22 03:04:58,"Yuri Muhin" <admin@community.freescale.com> 写道:

|

|

|

|

Please use Chapter 1 (Porting U-Boot from an i.MX 6Dual/6Quad Reference

Board to an i.MX 6Dual/6Quad Custom Board) of the "i.MX_6Dual6Quad_BSP_Porting_Guide.pdf"

how to work with U-boot.

~Yuri.

|

|

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

According to the Relese Notes the next  are the possible / tested  kernel command lines:

1. video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi, 1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24 video=mxcfb1:dev=ldb,LDBXGA,if=RGB666

2. video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,LDBXGA, if=RGB666 video=mxcfb1:dev=hdmi, 1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24

3. video=mxcfb0:dev=lcd,CLAAWVGA, if=RGB666

As for HDMI, please use "true" HDMI, but not HDMI-DVI converter.

~Yuri.

0 Kudos

shizheng
Contributor I

Hello

According to the i.MX Development Quick Start-FAE-V3 documentation guidelines, I use the MfgTool2 tool to download the rootfs.tar.bz2 and other uimage and u-boot.bin to SD Cary, according to the Modify U-Boot Environment command to start the SDB plate, such as image content errors, I repeatedly according to document guidelines do at least 6 times test in 48 hours, the the fault is entirely the same, please tell me where the problem may appear in the

Thank you

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I think it makes sense to try the recent BSP :

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L3.10.17_1.0.0_IMX6QDLS_BUNDLE&appType=license&loca...

i.MX 6 Series Software and Development Tool R|Freescale

The most simple way - to use demo image :

$ sudo dd if=fsl-image-x11-imx6qdlsolo.sdcard of=/dev/sdb bs=1M

Please look at the following for some details.

"Task #4 - Deploy and test"

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-94989 

~Yuri

0 Kudos

shizheng
Contributor I

Hello, thank you for your reply, in accordance with me over the last 2 days of test results, it shows the L3.0.35_4.1.0_130816_source.bsp compiler from the rootfs or uimage is not normally used in the SABRE SDB board? If it is, I will give up L3.0.35_4.1.0_130816_source.bsp

Thank you

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

L3.0.35_4.1.0 works with the SDP. But L3.10.17 package contains ready for using SD image. 

0 Kudos