how to use inflexion UI express (exported) output files

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use inflexion UI express (exported) output files

robertzdunski
Contributor I

on http://www.mentor.com/embedded-software/inflexion/ui-imx-processors?mgctab=0,4#tabs it says:"UIs can be quickly tested in the preview window before deploying to the target device. The transition from the UI Express to device software requires only few mouse clicks."

Anybody knows what is meant by those "few mouse clicks"?

I can write an application and deploy it to the target device through Eclipse, but what to do with the (exported) output of Inflexion UI Express so that it can be integrated with existing code in Eclipse?

Should I use different approach perhaps?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

robertzdunski
Contributor I
Thank you Wayne. Your advice was very helpful. Finally I have it under control.
0 Kudos

wayne_ng
Contributor I

A few clicks I think not. Took me a while to figure it out.

You need to use the uidemo folder structure that is included with inflexion as a framework. You need a link between your code and the UI Runtime engine, there is a tool supplied with UI called UIintegrator.exe this creates the APIs to talk to the runtime engine.

Your code, the ROM and the integrator.c file need to be compiled together, the uidemo gives you everything you need to build packages, just hack the makefile to in the uidemo folder dump you ROM and integrator.c file into the correct folder and then run make from the terminal window. All the other files and folders don't need to be touched, the makefile will walk you through how everything is bundled together.

0 Kudos