cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use DS-5 DStream with i.MX6UL

markbohanon
Contributor III

Hello,

I'm attempting to use the imx6ul evk with DStream and DS-5 5.23.  evk is running yokoto project.  I'm just connecting to it via JTAG.  I've removed the required resistors from the evk.

The connection appears fine.

I can get a Trace from it.  However, the trace length is only 4K.  I understand the DStream has a very large trace buffer in it that downloads the ETB continuously and sends it to the DS-5.

Any idea how to get the DStream to continuously acquire trace data?

Thanks,

Mark

Labels (3)
2 Replies

sirrajrai
Contributor I

Hi Mark,

We are working on the imx6ul evk board and trying to establish the jtag connection from pc to board. In some board related document, it is mentioned that in order to correctly connect to the JTAG port of the board with the RealView-ICE Debugger or the JLINK debugger, five resistances R1432, R1407, R1431, R1433, and R1434 need to be removed. It seems you have done this experiment. Could you please let me know how you achieved the removal of resistors to get the connection work. Do we remove the resistors through some software tool by setting 0's or remove the connection of hardware ?

Thanks in advance for your help...

Thanks

Atma

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

To use full trace abilities of ARM core it is needed to configure the ETM,

corresponding ETM (trace) pins of the I.MX6UL, and special trace hardware

(Dstream / DS-5). Mainly it is recommended to use the ETB. In this mode

you don't need to  configure ETM, IO pins and you don't need even special

trace hardware. The trace is collected via JTAG. The disadvantage in this mode

is that the trace is not collected in real time and the maximal size of trace is 4K.

Perhaps it makes sense to apply to ARM directly regarding the DSTREAM.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos