cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to install and uninstall APK applications

Jump to solution
reshmimarimgant
Contributor I

we have an i.MX6SL EVK. we did booting from SD card. we are having Android ICS and we do not want all the applications. We deleted the unnecessary apps from the app folder. the only icon is deleted and the apps are running in the background. we want to customise our app list. so, please provide the steps to follow to uninstall the unnecessary applications and to install what we want. please provide any documents available regarding this issue.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
michaelrobbelot
Contributor IV

Removing apps from your SD card is not the best way to remove apps you don't need. Instead, after following the preparation and build instructions in the freescale user guide for the Android release your using, you need to perform a recursive search for those Android make files (mk) referencing PRODUCT_PACKAGES and which get included in your build. myandroid/device/fsl/... is a good place to figure out which make files you need to reference (look for inherit-product). If you want to affect all your builds, look in build/target/product/*.mk.

Michael Robbeloth

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
techbusk
Contributor I

Install app from playstore easily.

Open the apps drawer. Find the app that you want to uninstall. Tap and hold the app and drag it to the Uninstall button. Where you drag the app may differ depending on your device.
Tap managed Google Play store .
Tap Menu. My apps.
Tap an installed app. Uninstall.

You can also checkout:-  Passion.io review ,  Apps Like ThopTV

0 Kudos
apkfold
Contributor I

Apps downloaded from Google Play can be easily uninstalled from your device. If an app was purchased, you can always reinstall it at a later date.

• Uninstalling an app you downloaded Using your device's settings menu
  • If you’ve installed an app on your phone or tablet using Google Play that you no longer want, you can uninstall it by following these steps:
  • Visit your device's Settings menu > Apps or Application manager (this may differ depending on your device).
  • Touch the app you’d like to uninstall.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • If you don’t see the Uninstall button, or if you only see the option to “Uninstall updates,” then the selected app cannot be permanently removed from your device. The app is likely a system app that can't be uninstalled.
  • Using the Google Play Store app
  • Open the
  • Google Play Store app.like:-Whatsapp Gb Touch the
    Play Store icon > My Apps.
    Touch any application labeled "Installed," then select Uninstall on the app's detail page.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
michaelrobbelot
Contributor IV

Removing apps from your SD card is not the best way to remove apps you don't need. Instead, after following the preparation and build instructions in the freescale user guide for the Android release your using, you need to perform a recursive search for those Android make files (mk) referencing PRODUCT_PACKAGES and which get included in your build. myandroid/device/fsl/... is a good place to figure out which make files you need to reference (look for inherit-product). If you want to affect all your builds, look in build/target/product/*.mk.

Michael Robbeloth

0 Kudos