how to improve Eink display

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to improve Eink display

张松源
Contributor III

As we can see in the picture, picture 2 is better than picture 1, how do I enhancement of contrast to make picture 1 as well as picture 2.  such as modify the GPU register or so on.  thank you !!

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

dynapb
Contributor IV

Hi 张 松源 

What is the difference between the 2 units?

It looks like unit 1 has like a 3 bit grayscale going on whereas unit 2 is a 1 bit monochrome.

Is there a setting for how the image is rendered as grayscale or monochrome?

Does unit 2 eink display only support monochrome vs the other supports grayscale?

Pete

0 Kudos

张松源
Contributor III

thanks,

unit 2 is more clear。

I want know to achieve this effect is solve by software algorithm or chip hard solution(such as modify the GPU register)?

0 Kudos

dynapb
Contributor IV

I am asking what the difference is between the 2 units as they are obviously 2 different models of displays.

Do you understand my questions to you about Monochrome vs Grayscale?  What is the original image, most likely color or greyscale.  You need to render it as a 1 bit monochrome if you want it to look like the images on #2.

IMHO I prefer the images on #1 since they have more detail but that is just a matter of preference.

Pete

0 Kudos

张松源
Contributor III

thanks Peter,

my boss need me to finish this function.

units 2 is not 1 bit monochrome, because 1 bit picture is only has black and white color.

I try to use gstreamer to debug this effect, is it right?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi

one can try csc conversion using gpu, please check

sect.7.3.15 Video conversion attached Linux Guide.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

张松源
Contributor III

thanks,

should I modify the GPU register to achieve this effect?

I saw sect.7.3.15  is using a tool gst-launch-1.0 。

I want know to achieve this effect is solve by software algorithm or chip hard solution(such as modify the GPU register)?

0 Kudos

张松源
Contributor III

对比度2.jpg

0 Kudos

张松源
Contributor III

对比度.jpg

0 Kudos