how to implement fltk+opengl gpu hardware accelerate?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to implement fltk+opengl gpu hardware accelerate?

Jump to solution
stanleyshi
Contributor I

Issue Description:

Program(linux system) uses fltk implement 2D GUI and 3D render on i.MX6 platform, but i don't know how to accelerate with hardware gpu(GCxxx).

Questions:

a)How many methods to implement opengl hardware accelerate?(what's the neccessary?) 

b)How to use fltk interface(class Fl_Gl_Window) implement opengl hardware accelerate?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
andre_silva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes there will be another release around that date.

regards,

andre

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Employee

We have the full OpenGL ES 2.0 library available, every OpenGL function in it is accelerated by hardware, you just need to link this libraries when building your application. Is this application using OpenGL ES or Opengl ?

regards,

Andre

BlangeroWang
Contributor II

HI:

I've got a program using a software opengl(libGL.so) , and it runs well , but when I re-link the link file to libGL.so which is provided in gpu-viv-bin-mx6q_3.0.35-4.1.0_armel , then the program crashes with error can't create canvas.

So I just wonder can I replace the software opengl library directly and use the hardware opengl?

0 Kudos
andre_silva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

you need to recompile your application using the new library, otherwise it wont work.

regards,

Andre

0 Kudos
BlangeroWang
Contributor II

Hi Andre

I recompied the my app but it didn't help.

The mesa libGL and viv libGL are both with the name libGL.so.1.2 ,

BTW, when I compile the app , glx.h is needed, but I can't find it in the sources FSL provided , I can only copy it from other filesystems.( the gpu-viv has GLES folder but no GL folder)

Thanks!

0 Kudos
andre_silva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

have you downloaded the x11 version of the gpu driver ?

0 Kudos
BlangeroWang
Contributor II

Hi Andre:   

For there's a chance that we may use armhf filesystem, I install xserver by apt-get xorg, do you mean that I should use the xorg/xserver proviede by FSL ?

I installed almost all deb packages provided by FSL and other GPU demos, I mean tutorialx(_es20), run well.

0 Kudos
andre_silva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I believe X11/Xorg is ok, you need the x11 gpu package instead. We have 2 different packages, one for framebuffer and one for x11. Ltib only comes with the framebuffer version because X11 is not officially supported, but on ubuntu and yocto you can get the supported version, I recomend you use this one.

regards,

Andre

BlangeroWang
Contributor II

Hi Andre:

Thank you so much for all your replies.

I tested some other simple demos in oneiric and vivante libGL works well, but still get can't create canvas in my app, it may be the app's bug, I'll go on with it in some days in the future.

It just came into my mind that it's better for me to mention that I'm using a debian system provided by timesys and installed all the deb packages and compile somed of the sources, so while lsmod I get nothing, will this make some diffierences in using GPU? As I mentioned above the IPU and VPU demos runs well, but for GPU, I'm not sure about it.

Finally, would you please tell me something about yocto, does freescale plan to publish a new version of BSP in the middle of 2014, say, April or May?

regards,

Blangero

0 Kudos
andre_silva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes there will be another release around that date.

regards,

andre

0 Kudos
andre_silva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Blangero,

I am going to check that, and let you know.

regards,

Andre

0 Kudos
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Andre Silva please continue with the  follow up

0 Kudos
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

AndreSilva please continue with the  follow up