cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get uboot and kernel sources from Yocto

salvachandanapr
Contributor I

Dear sir,

I am chandana .we are using i.mx6 solo-lite processor for out epos terminal ,previously we have customized kernel ,u-boot,and roots(with no device tree 2009.08 u boot and 3.035 kernel)now we are trying to migrate to higher version of kernel and uboot i..e  3.10 & 2014  respectively with device tree support.

At first we have deployed the images in yocto configured for mx6slevk.Now how can i compile the uboot and kernel for

our customized board from sources of yocto.

how to load kernel and uboot  with device tree through sdcard .kindly help me in this regard

0 Kudos
7 Replies

salvachandanapr
Contributor I

hi,

For downloading through tftboot FEC is not configured .In Section 4.4.1.2 "Using eMMC" of the i.MX Linux User's Guide document ,it is through FEC.The following is the error log

U-Boot 2017.03 (Apr 10 2017 - 15:17:47 +0530)

CPU:   Freescale i.MX6SL rev1.2 996 MHz (running at 396 MHz)
CPU:   Commercial temperature grade (0C to 95C) at 31C
Reset cause: POR
Board: MX6SLEVK
I2C:   ready
DRAM:  1 GiB
PMIC:  PFUZE100 ID=0x11
MMC:   FSL_SDHC: 0, FSL_SDHC: 1, FSL_SDHC: 2
MMC: no card present
mmc_init: -123, time 2
*** Warning - MMC init failed, using default environment

In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Net:   FEC
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
Card did not respond to voltage select!
mmc_init: -95, time 47

where to congiure BOOT_CFG pins.

kindly help me

Regards,

chandana

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Better is to directly migrate to the latest Linux 4.1.15_2.0.x BSP. Please refer to the attached i.MX Linux User's Guide document for the information on how to prepare the bootable Linux BSP media and boot it on various platforms by NXP. Also, refer to attached Yocto Project User's Guide document for the information on how to build a bootable image from source code and to the i.MX BSP Porting Guide document for the information on how to customize the image.

The BSP source code, pre-built binary images and documentation such as the one attached can be found here:

http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/software-development-tools/i.mx-software-and-tools/i....

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

salvachandanapr
Contributor I

hi,

i have gone through the documents and i succesfully booted my board through sd card but now the problem comes for EMMC .

is there any changes required for emmc in uboot and kernel sources.

kindly help me

Regards,

chandana

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Follow the Section 4.4.1.2 "Using eMMC" of the i.MX Linux User's Guide document. Also, you have to select the correct boot source using the BOOT_CFG pins.

Best Regards,

Artur

0 Kudos

salvachandanapr
Contributor I

Dear jan,

Actually what is the exact problem am facing is converting our normal uboot and kernel to device tree supported ones.i succesfullly compiled the kernel and uboot  and loaded in the evaluation board.But wen coming to our customized board we are trying to boot the uboot & kernel via sdcard,

uboot is loading succesfully.But kernel is not loading after with the following log

U-Boot 2014.04 (Mar 24 2017 - 12:54:36)

CPU:   Freescale i.MX6SL rev1.2 at 396 MHz
CPU:   Temperature 32 C, calibration data: 0x5844fb5f
Reset cause: POR
Board: MX6SLEVK
I2C:   ready
DRAM:  1 GiB
MMC:   FSL_SDHC: 0, FSL_SDHC: 1, FSL_SDHC: 2
In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Found PFUZE200 deviceid=11,revid=21
mmc2 is current device
Net:   FEC [PRIME]
Warning: FEC MAC addresses don't match:
Address in SROM is         7c:f0:ba:fe:55:16
Address in environment is  00:01:02:03:04:05

Normal Boot
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
mmc2 is current device
mmc2 is current device
reading boot.scr
** Unable to read file boot.scr **
reading zImage
5301904 bytes read in 274 ms (18.5 MiB/s)
Booting from mmc ...
reading imx6sl_evk.dtb
** Unable to read file imx6sl_evk.dtb **
Kernel image @ 0x80800000 [ 0x000000 - 0x50e690 ]
No gpc device node -9, force to ldo-enable.

Starting kernel ...

Uncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel.

Error: unrecognized/unsupported machine ID (r1 = 0x000010d3).

so , how to eliminate the error.and also please let me know how to boot the images from emmc 4.4 or 5.0 or 5.1

what are the changes required for converting the boot mode from sd to emmc?

0 Kudos

jan_spurek
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Machine ID is not used if a device tree is used. Taken from the BSP porting guide:

If a device tree is used, the machine ID is not used. The compatible string of the DTS file is used to match the board. The device tree for file each boot variation is specified in the machine configuration files in the meta-fsl-arm/conf/machine directory.

I really suggest to go through the manuals and follow the steps. Looks like the BSP hasn't been edited properly for your custom board.

Boot procedures are described in the Linux User's Guide (It is part of the Linux Docs I sent you earlier) and also in the Reference manual.

Best Regards,

Jan

0 Kudos

jan_spurek
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Chandana,

please refer to BSP Porting Guide: https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-100203. The newest version of the guide is also available in L4.1.15_2.0.0_LINUX_DOCS  . To obtain the .dtsi file for your board, you can use Pins Tool for i.MX, which will generate it for you. To deploy the image, you can use Win32DiskImager in Windows, dd command in Linux or MFG Tool.

Best Regards,

Jan

0 Kudos