Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get mentor pads .pcb file from Allegro .brd file

Jump to solution
hstzhu
Contributor II

Dear everyone,

I am just starting a custom board using the iMX6Dual processor and get Design files from SABRE Board Reference Design|NXP . But the design files is allegro layout .brd file and orcad .dsn file. Mentor pads logic and pads layout is the only CAD tools in our company.  How can I get mentor pads .pcb and .sch files from these .brd and .dsn files or already have these files but I have not found?

Any advices will be welcome. It will be a great time saver. ThX.

Regards,

Hustone

do_now@163.com

Labels (1)
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The design tools for the i.MX6 SABRE SD board were OrCAD and Allegro, so, only these .dsn and .brd files are available on our side.

Unfortunately, there seems to be no easy way of converting .brd to .pcb files. Seems that you should have both Allegro and PADS tools installed to make the conversion. For more information, please refer to attached file.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The design tools for the i.MX6 SABRE SD board were OrCAD and Allegro, so, only these .dsn and .brd files are available on our side.

Unfortunately, there seems to be no easy way of converting .brd to .pcb files. Seems that you should have both Allegro and PADS tools installed to make the conversion. For more information, please refer to attached file.

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

hstzhu
Contributor II

Dear Artur,

Thanks a lot.

Could the online design review accept the pads .sch and .pcb files on the i.MX6Dual platform?  If not, we will give up the efforts to convert. Migrating to cadence seems some difficulty for us, but we have no more choice because we need your review to help.

Regards,

Hustone

do_now@163.com

0 Kudos
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Hustone,

For pads.sch, we can only help you review schematic with pdf format, we can't review PCB design, because we only use Cadence orCAD, and don't use PADs.

Regards,

weidong

0 Kudos
hstzhu
Contributor II

Dear Weidong,

Thanks a lot.

We will discuss to select one befitting way to continue our custom board design in our company.

Regards,

Hustone

do_now@163.com

0 Kudos