Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to find iMX8QXP Silicon revision A0 / B0

Jump to solution
Poons
Contributor II

Hi,

is there way to find iMX8QXP Silicon revision A0 / B0? please let us know.

Will boot loader start address (SD card Flashing address) depends on Silicon revision? please provide details on this.

Thanks in advance

Poons.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You may identify the silicon revision by the marking if it ends in A correspond to rev A0, same goes for B and C revisions.

MiMX8QX6AVLFZAB indicates that it is an i.MX 8X B0 part

Regarding uboot offset you're correct, if the full SD/eMMC card image (.sdcard/.wic) is not used and copying the bootloader manually the offset for A0 revision is 33 while for B0 is 32

i.e. copying a i.MX 8X B0 part bootloader image

$ sudo dd if=<u-boot image> of=/dev/sdx bs=1k seek=32 conv=fsync

Best regards,
Aldo.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You may identify the silicon revision by the marking if it ends in A correspond to rev A0, same goes for B and C revisions.

MiMX8QX6AVLFZAB indicates that it is an i.MX 8X B0 part

Regarding uboot offset you're correct, if the full SD/eMMC card image (.sdcard/.wic) is not used and copying the bootloader manually the offset for A0 revision is 33 while for B0 is 32

i.e. copying a i.MX 8X B0 part bootloader image

$ sudo dd if=<u-boot image> of=/dev/sdx bs=1k seek=32 conv=fsync

Best regards,
Aldo.

mikeMJD
Contributor I

Sorry for reopening this, but Is there a way we can recover a board after flashing a bad image revision? We already attempted to use uuu and flash the correct one but it complains about [LIBUSB_ERROR_IO] SDPS: boot .bin-flash

0 Kudos
AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @mikeMJD,

Please do help me by creating a new community thread so it may be easier to follow-up on your issue.

Anyway, taking a quick look I see that there is an space beetween boot and .bin if this is the case on the UUU command you have used, it may lead to issues when attempting to flash.

Regards,
Aldo.

0 Kudos