how to execute application on target platform ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to execute application on target platform ?

MuhammadOmarFar
Contributor I

Hey ,  i build an application in eclipse under linux in my pc. i want to execute this application in target board i.e , IMX 53. how can i do this ?

0 Kudos
5 Replies

RodBorras
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Muhammad,

Please take a look at AN3870 "Developing an Application for i.MX Devices...".

The resulting executable file can then be copied over onto an SD card or USB stick, and run directly on your target.

If you are going to be doing MultiMedia, please make sure to select all the necessary packages in LTIB (e.g. gstreamer, libjpeg, libpng, Codecs), so that the target has all the necessary libraries.

0 Kudos

MuhammadOmarFar
Contributor I

no . i am not working with android. All i want to do is to make a simple GUI and build some image processing algorithms . a user will have 2 pictures in GUI , when he clicks on button the image processing algorithm runs and the difference between two picutres are seen .this is what i want to make , i installed linux on board to i need to build application for linux environment . what i understand upto now is that i should build this application in my pc in eclipse and then cross compile for target ARM achitecture and then the genereated binaries should be executed at board .but i don't know how ? :)

0 Kudos

Jon1z
Contributor III

Hello,

If you're pertaining to having created an android app and want it to run in your imx board, First, you have to make your board detectable by eclipse (or adb in that matter). There's instruction on the android bundle docs on how to do this.

Then build and run the android program from eclipse, choosing your imx board.

for .apk files, all I do is use "adb install" command.

at least this is how I do it. :D

0 Kudos

MuhammadOmarFar
Contributor I

yes i found that tool chain while installing BSP. so you mean i can use this toolchain to cross compile my application and then the binary file can be executed on target platform?

0 Kudos

VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You need to cross-compile the application using GNU compiler for ARM target. If you installed Linux BSP, toolchain is installed to /opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-... folder and you can find it there. Further steps for cross-compiling depend on your app and how it's compiled...

0 Kudos