it was typo. The monitor and hdmi cable are already tested with PC.
Both 'video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24' and 'video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,bpp=32' didn't work, and imx6qp chip on sabresd board was getting very hot.
Hi M C,
Please follow below steps and share us the result including logs:
1. Download the pre-builds for IMX6QP:
2. Flash the SD card using below commands:
sudo dd if=<image> of=/dev/sdX bs=1M && sync
3. Insert the card in the board, connect HDMI and power on the system.
4. Stop the board from booting at u-boot by pressing any key.
5. Execute below command:
# setenv mmcargs $mmcargs video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24
6. Try playing any video using gstreamer or any other application.
You should be able to see the video play on HDMI.
Let us know the result of above steps.
Hi M C,
- mxc_hdmi 20e0000.hdmi_video: same edid is not the error message.
When you unplug and plug the same HDMI , you get this message.
We got the display following the above steps, can you please share the kernel bootargs and full bootup logs?
Hi M C ,
Can you let us know which of the following yocto image are you building?
Also, with the current image, use this bootargs for display 'video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24' and then on console try playing a video with application like gstreamer? If this too doesn't work do export DISPLAY=:0 and try again.