how to config interface voltage of DDR when we want to modify the hardware from LPDDR4 to DDR4 or DDR3L?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to config interface voltage of DDR when we want to modify the hardware from LPDDR4 to DDR4 or DDR3L?

Jump to solution
anhui527
Contributor III

hi,experts

we want to modify our hardware board from original LPDDR4 to DDR4 or DDR3L , we checked the design guide , we found that DDR_SEL(attatched) is used to config the voltage of DDR interface , but i can not find this pin in the pin layout. could you please help us to find where is the DDR_SEL pin or how to do when we want to modify the hardware from LPDDR4 to DDR4 or DDR3L?

thanks.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Proper DRAM supply and reference voltages should be applied externally, according to "Operating ranges"

of the Datasheet for the following parameters: VDD_DRAM, VDDA_DRAM, NVCC_DRAM, DRAM_VREF.

DDR_SEL is misprint here. DDR_SEL is software parameter, used in i.MX6.

Have a great day,

Yuri.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Proper DRAM supply and reference voltages should be applied externally, according to "Operating ranges"

of the Datasheet for the following parameters: VDD_DRAM, VDDA_DRAM, NVCC_DRAM, DRAM_VREF.

DDR_SEL is misprint here. DDR_SEL is software parameter, used in i.MX6.

Have a great day,

Yuri.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
anhui527
Contributor III

Hi,Yuri Muhin

thanks. i got it.

and does NXP have the reference design used DDR4 for i.MX8M ?

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

the DDR4 is available under NDA. Create request for it. 

~Yuri.