how to add valgrind debug tool in yocto Rev. L3.14.38_6ul-ga

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to add valgrind debug tool in yocto Rev. L3.14.38_6ul-ga

dukeless
Contributor I

Hi, our team have meeting a memery leak serious problem in App development based on imx6ulevk bsp Rev. L3.14.38_6ul-ga, I want to debug with valgrind, so i have downloaded the source code and cross compiled it with yocto toolchain.

but it can not run on the target board, it need the libc6-dbg unstriped libraries, so i copy all the libraries from /opt/poky/1.8/sysroots/cortexa7hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/lib/.debug/ to the target board /lib/.debug;

but it still cannot run.

it's there some solution to fix the problem or install the valgrind tool through the yocto project on the target root filesystem?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Binli,

Your question is on how to add a new package to Yocto, actually, it is not within our support range. But you can refer to the link, and you will find it is not difficult to solve the problem.

(1) English link:

Building your own recipes from first principles - Yocto Project 

(2)chinese link:

(10): Yocto hellworld 添加一个软件包 · Yocto实用技巧 · 看云 

Have a great day,
TIC   Weidong Sun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

dukeless
Contributor I

I add the valgrind in the *.bb file, but the yocto build meet some compiler error,

i think the valgrind 3.10 version was not totally support in yocto "ARM" project now.

0 Kudos