how can i use imx233

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i use imx233

stevenshan
Contributor II

i want to know how to use imx233 for linux ,such as how can i download bootloader to the chip,i had read many document about imx233,but i can not find the answer.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi steven,

Our expert have given you the link of BSP and tool for i.mx233. You can refer to i.MX23_Linux_BSP_UserGuide.pdf and use the mfgtool Mfgtools-Rel-1.6.2.048 to download.

Have a nice day

Dan

0 Kudos

stevenshan
Contributor II

thank you evry much.

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please refer to the documentation for the L2.6.31 Linux BSP for the i.MX233 EVK

board by FSL/NXP, available on the i.MX233 Documentation web page (check the

"Supporting Information" section):

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-process...

The BSP itself can be found on the i.MX233 Software&Tools

web page (check the "Board Support Packages" section):

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-process...

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

stevenshan
Contributor II

Hi,Artur,

thanks your answer,it is great!

if i can download bootloader by usb,i do not need the sjtag,is right?

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, you don't have to use SJTAG to load a boot image into the hardware.

Best Regards,

Artur

0 Kudos

stevenshan
Contributor II

Hi,Artur,

I have not fine the reset pin of imx233,and i want to confirm that the reset key is used to cut off the supply power and put the XTALIN pin to gnd int imx233 evk sch,is right ?

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, your understanding is correct. i.MX233 doesn't have its own Reset input, so, the Reset signal of the system just stops the 24MHz XTAL oscillation and cuts the 5V power to emulate the power cycling of the processor.

Best Regards,

Artur

0 Kudos

stevenshan
Contributor II

Hi Artur

You are great!

where i can download the datasheet of LCD module in the imx23 EVK,i want to learn how to use LCD interface.

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is no Data Sheet for this module, only the schematic is available, please find it attached.

Best Regards,

Artur

0 Kudos

stevenshan
Contributor II

Hi,Artur

Where can i find the attach,i am so sorry i can find it in the community.

Do you mind i can find it in the evk schematic? may be it is difficult to me ,can you give me some reference how to use the LCD interface?

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I have attached the schematic of the i.MX23 EVK LCD module to my last post. This is the only reference I have. Further, refer to the documentation for the display modules, installed on the board.

Artur

0 Kudos

stevenshan
Contributor II

I kown how to do it ,thanks.

0 Kudos