cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I download the android source file working on iMX53QSB

WeiWeiBo
Contributor II

Hi everyone 

I had installed ubuntu10.10 on VMware,  and I download the android source code "Freescale-iMX53-QSB-Android 2.3-Version 4.0" from the Adeneo website "http://www.adeneo-embedded.com/"

follow the user guide build prerequistes "http://source.android.com/source/initializing.html"

***Java 6: for Gingerbread and newer

$ sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://archive.canonical.com/ lucid partner"
$ sudo apt-get update 
$ sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jdk

***32-bit (experimental)
$ sudo apt-get install git-core gnupg flex bison gperf build-essential \ zip curl zlib1g-dev libc6-dev libncurses5-dev x11proto-core-dev \ libx11-dev libreadline6-dev libgl1-mesa-dev tofrodos python-markdown \ libxml2-utils xsltproc

***installing repo
$ mkdir ~/bin 
$ PATH=~/bin:$PATH

$ curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > ~/bin/repo 
$ chmod a+x ~/bin/repo

ABOVE was i did prerequistes.

then I follow the user-guide below the appendix, when i unpack the tar.gz file:

$tar zxvf i.MX53-QSB-Android-Release4.0.tar.gz

$ cd i.MX53-QSB-Android-Release4.0/scripts

then i Run the script “download_android.sh”

$ ./download_android.sh

but show the below error message 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[: 63: /home/victor/FSL-iMX53-QSB-DROID_ANDROID_FOR_FREESCALE_v4.0/Freescale-iMX53-QSB-Android: unexpected operator
/home/victor/FSL-iMX53-QSB-DROID_ANDROID_FOR_FREESCALE_v4.0/Freescale-iMX53-QSB-Android 2.3-Version 4.0/i.MX53-QSB-Android-Gingerbread-Release4.0/install/imx-android-r10 already exists
Cowardly refusing to clobber it
[: 76: /home/victor/FSL-iMX53-QSB-DROID_ANDROID_FOR_FREESCALE_v4.0/Freescale-iMX53-QSB-Android: unexpected operator
/home/victor/FSL-iMX53-QSB-DROID_ANDROID_FOR_FREESCALE_v4.0/Freescale-iMX53-QSB-Android 2.3-Version 4.0/i.MX53-QSB-Android-Gingerbread-Release4.0/install/imx-android-r10/code already exists
Cowardly refusing to clobber it
cp: omitting directory `/home/victor/FSL-iMX53-QSB-DROID_ANDROID_FOR_FREESCALE_v4.0/Freescale-iMX53-QSB-Android'
cp: omitting directory `2.3-Version'
cp: cannot stat `4.0/i.MX53-QSB-Android-Gingerbread-Release4.0/download/repo': No such file or directory
cp: omitting directory `/home/victor/FSL-iMX53-QSB-DROID_ANDROID_FOR_FREESCALE_v4.0/Freescale-iMX53-QSB-Android'
cp: omitting directory `2.3-Version'
Error: failed to copy repo
Please download from http://android.git.kernel.org/repo and copy to /home/victor/FSL-iMX53-QSB-DROID_ANDROID_FOR_FREESCALE_v4.0/Freescale-iMX53-QSB-Android 2.3-Version 4.0/i.MX53-QSB-Android-Gingerbread-Release4.0/download

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what did I missing something 

thx help

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

rijurekhasen
Contributor I

Does anyone have the Android BSP (Freescale-iMX53-QSB-Android 2.3-Version 4.0) for IMX53 quick start board? The Adeano/NXP (i.MX53 Quick Start Board|NXP ) sites redirect to Witekio. After registering and requesting for the BSP (marked as Free), I got an email with an FTP download link which shows no content. I have put a question on Witekio contact and another on Witekio Facebook page, with no response. The email is copied below:

Thanks for your interest in Witekio’s Board Support Packages. 

Please use the following access credentials to download the following file i.MX 53_Android_BSP from our FTP server:

URL : https://files.witekio.com/

Login : FSL-iMX53-QSB-AND

Password : Y507nit

Witekio Sales teams

(1) Does someone have the BSP previously downloaded? It will be great if you can upload somewhere and share a link.

(2) Since the QSB board is a different hardware compared to the IMC53 SABRE tablet, I am guessing the Android BSP for SABRE (available for download from NXP) is not compatible with the QSB without modifications. Has anyone tried this?

Thanks!

Riju

0 Kudos

arunmitteam
Contributor III

Hi,

I need help in fixing the below error. I tried to run the patch_android script and I get the below error. Has anyone seen this error before?

warning: 27 lines add whitespace errors.

fatal: corrupt patch at line 172

Error! Fail to apply patch from /home/lucid/Desktop/i.MX53-QSB-Android-Gingerbread-Release4.3/install/imx-android-r10.3/code/r10.3/platform/bootable/bootloader/uboot-imx.git to /home/lucid/Desktop/i.MX53-QSB-Android-Gingerbread-Release4.3/src/bootable/bootloader/uboot-imx. Stop

0 Kudos

WeiWeiBo
Contributor II

Hi

thx Remi, I alreay download the latest version4.2

Remi Lorriaux said:

Hi,

I would also advise you to download the latest release (r4.2) from our website as it addresses the change of servers (from kernel.org to linaro)

Remi Lorriaux - Adeneo Embedded

0 Kudos

TugrulGuclu
Contributor I

Hi

When run the download script it will created the folder src under  {ROOT_DIR} same level as script or download.

inside  src you will Android stack folders like bionic etc. also kernel_imx folder for linux kernel.

Also uboot will go under bootoader folder.

Actually its not android web site. This is a little tricky. Android uses a tool called repo on top git. And repo knows where to connect for repositories. 

As Remi commented you would better use  latest sources from Adeneo because the links for Android repo's are updated.

Lan Bo Wei said:

seem to work~very thx  Tugrul Guclu

I think now it use repo to download the android source code from the "android website"

and the other question is the target source code will download to where 

it show the below message

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cp /home/victor/FSL-iMX53-QSB-DROID_ANDROID_FOR_FREESCALE_v4.0/Freescale-iMX53-QSB-Android2.3-Version4.0/i.MX53-QSB-Android-Gingerbread-Release4.0/src/.repo/repo/repo /home/victor/FSL-iMX53-QSB-DROID_ANDROID_FOR_FREESCALE_v4.0/Freescale-iMX53-QSB-Android2.3-Version4.0/i.MX53-QSB-Android-Gingerbread-Release4.0/src/repo

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

rlorriaux
Contributor I

Hi,

I would also advise you to download the latest release (r4.2) from our website as it addresses the change of servers (from kernel.org to linaro)

Remi Lorriaux - Adeneo Embedded

0 Kudos

WeiWeiBo
Contributor II

seem to work~very thx  Tugrul Guclu

I think now it use repo to download the android source code from the "android website"

and the other question is the target source code will download to where 

it show the below message

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cp /home/victor/FSL-iMX53-QSB-DROID_ANDROID_FOR_FREESCALE_v4.0/Freescale-iMX53-QSB-Android2.3-Version4.0/i.MX53-QSB-Android-Gingerbread-Release4.0/src/.repo/repo/repo /home/victor/FSL-iMX53-QSB-DROID_ANDROID_FOR_FREESCALE_v4.0/Freescale-iMX53-QSB-Android2.3-Version4.0/i.MX53-QSB-Android-Gingerbread-Release4.0/src/repo

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

TugrulGuclu
Contributor I

Hi

I think reason is the space in path:

home/victor/FSL-iMX53-QSB-DROID_ANDROID_FOR_FREESCALE_v4.0/Freescale-iMX53-QSB-Android(remove this space here)2.3-Version 4.0

if you remove the space script will go on working..

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Script “download_android.sh”  tries to download sources from Android repo, using old links,
so, please just use the script as an example for manual loading (with correct links) and further processing. 

Also the next forum link may be useful :

< http://imxcommunity.org/group/imx53quickstartboard/forum/topics/build-problems-with-android-bsp-from... >

0 Kudos