hi, we are using IMX6 sabre sd board. but we need to upgrade the emmc capacity to 16GB. can anyone kindly guide on how to make the software changes for this?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hi, we are using IMX6 sabre sd board. but we need to upgrade the emmc capacity to 16GB. can anyone kindly guide on how to make the software changes for this?

juvinantony
Contributor I

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi juvin antony,

You have to modify nothing when change the 8G emmc to 16G. The operate mode are the same.

Hope this can help you.
Have a great day,
Dan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

juvinantony
Contributor I

Hellon Dan Wang,

Thank you so much for the instant reply from you.

What about the partitions for each image(system,boot,etc) ? will it be automatically handled? or is there any configuration file which we need to modify for making the changes for partitions with the new mmc?

JVN

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi JVN,

Here I do not know which version of BSP are you using? If you are using linux BSP you do not have to modify the partitions. But if you are using android BSP you have to do some change.
Have a great day,
Dan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

juvinantony
Contributor I

Hello DAN WANG,

We are using the android BSP. and the android version is 4.4.

Can you please help in finding the changes which is needed for this mmc upgrage?

Regards,

JVN

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi JUV,

You can modify the mksdcard-android.sh.tar under mfgtool,  you can refer to the document Android_User's_Guide.pdf 4.1.1 Storage partitions to modify.
Have a great day,
Dan

juvinantony
Contributor I

Thank you so much DAN WANG.

i will do these changes if necessary and get back to you  :smileyhappy:

jvn

0 Kudos