hi,all friends, my board is imx6q_sabrelite and i want to know that ,how can we Confirm that the MIPI CSI input data format and IPU packing mode to be the same?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hi,all friends, my board is imx6q_sabrelite and i want to know that ,how can we Confirm that the MIPI CSI input data format and IPU packing mode to be the same?

Jump to solution
alvinyuan
Contributor II

hi,all friends,

my board is imx6q_sabrelite ,and i want to know that ,how can we Confirm that the MIPI CSI input data format and IPU packing mode to be the same? thank you very much,

Tags (3)
1 Solution
qiang_li-mpu_se
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

MIPI data type was set in register "IPU_CSIx_DI", and IPU data format is set in register "IPU_CSIx_SENS_CONF".

View solution in original post

5 Replies
qiang_li-mpu_se
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

MIPI data type was set in register "IPU_CSIx_DI", and IPU data format is set in register "IPU_CSIx_SENS_CONF".

alvinyuan
Contributor II

hi,dear Li, thank you for your reply very much!

and now , i can receive raw data(3264x2448 10bit) from ov8858_mipi , but when i open the raw data with SensorStudio,the performance is just as follows,yes,it is obviously wrong!

then, i check  the value of register MIPI_CSI_PHY_STATE returned ,it is 0x6f0 ,not 0x300/0x330,

An external 24Mhz crystal be added to the ov8858_mipi sensor instead of the 24Mhz mclk come from imx6 board,is it will be the reason of " 0x6f0" ?  thank you !

800w_raw.png

0 Kudos
qiang_li-mpu_se
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alvin, the data format in memory depends on IPU_CSIx_DI setting "40.5.1 General/Arbitrary Data Reception", "Data in receiver's buffer", and the PC side tool should also use the same format to view.

0 Kudos
alvinyuan
Contributor II

Hi Li,

now i connect the 24Mhz mclk come from imx6q board instead of  external 24Mhz  Crystal to sensor ,but the value of register MIPI_CSI_PHY_STATE  is still 0x6f0!and i do not know that if it will take change of the raw data i get?!

and now assume that the "0x6f0" make no difference, i get data through reading /dev/video1,

so,according to IPU0_CSI1_DI,should i change the bit  sequence of the raw data I get?

0 Kudos
qiang_li-mpu_se
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alvin, if the "MIPI_CSI_PHY_STATE" is 0x6f0, you will fail to capture data from MIPI CSI2, I think you should make sure you had read the MIPI_CSI_PHY_STATE when MIPI CSI2 is working.

In you camera driver, you should call mipi_csi2_reset(), then enable your camera input, then print out the MIPI_CSI_PHY_STATE.

The IPU_CSI_DI setting will affect the data package in memory, to use "RAW10" or other format, it depends on your camera input format.

0 Kudos