cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hdmi controller 0x0:0x0:0x0:0x0

andreapizzato
Contributor II

Hi,

I have a custom hardware based on imx6q sabresd.

Regarding the HDMI interface, the HW connection is identical and the SW in the board_init() is the same, but in my board the HDMI doesn't work.

Observing the kernel messages during boot, I found "mxc_hdmi mxc_hdmi: Detected HDMI controller 0x0:0x0:0x0:0x0"

The boot config is 'video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1280x800MM@60,if=RGB24' and the power-supply is correct...

In the board_init() the struct hdmi_core_data and the function hdmi_init() are the same for both board...

Any suggestions?

Thank you very much!

AP

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

zhshuangp
Contributor II

I have also found this issue in my custom board, the part number is MCIMX6D4AVT10AD, can anyone help to double check the chip with this part number do not support hdmi controller ?

Regards

Shuangpeng

0 Kudos

yannickheneault
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm in the same situation as you! I have a custom board with this part MCIMX6D4AVT10AC. I suppose that HDMI should be supported. I modified uboot to print the detected version number of the HDMI core as soon as possible and I always get 0x00:0x00:0x00:0x00. When I run this same code (uboot) on a reference board I get the correct value. I don`t understand what could be missing to correctly access this module.

Please help!

Yannick Heneault

0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This only happens on your custom board, right?

What´s the kernel version you´ve been using?

andreapizzato
Contributor II

I think I've solved the problem.

I was convinced that the part number of my MX6 was MCIMX6Q6AVT10AC, but it's MCIMX6Q4AVT10AC. The number "4" in this part number means "no VPU" active, and I think if the VPU is not active then the HDMI is not usable.

is that correct?

thanks

0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I was not able to find the right data sheet for your part number. So I´m not able to confirm your information.

Are your chip automotive or consumer?

0 Kudos