gstreamer videosink

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gstreamer videosink

dan_searles
Contributor I

Just started working with a i.MX 8QuadMax (MCIMX8QM-CPU).

I can get a display (HDMI output) and Wayland terminals no problem.

GStreamer appears to be present and working to some level.

I'm trying to get gstreamer pipeline to generate a window with content, but it's not.

The closest I've come is:

gst-launch-1.0 -v videotestsrc ! video/x-raw,format=UYVY,width=640,height=480,framerate=30/1 ! autovideosink

which indicates it's working with the following output after stopping it:

^Chandling interrupt.
Interrupt: Stopping pipeline ...
Execution ended after 0:00:09.856539500
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Setting pipeline to READY ...
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Total showed frames (298), playing for (0:00:09.857642250), fps (30.230).
Freeing pipeline ...

But no window ever popped up..nothing appeared on the display.

How do I get it to appear?

Here is all the output from the command prior to Ctrl-C:

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
Got context from element 'autovideosink0': gst.gl.GLDisplay=context, gst.gl.GLDisplay=(GstGLDisplay)"\(GstGLDisplayVivFB\)\ gldisplayvivfb0";
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstVideoTestSrc:videotestsrc0.GstPad:src: caps = video/x-raw, format=(string)UYVY, width=(int)640, height=(int)480, framerate=(fraction)30/1, multiview-mode=(string)mono, pixel-aspect-ratio=(fraction)1/1, interlace-mode=(string)progressive
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstCapsFilter:capsfilter0.GstPad:src: caps = video/x-raw, format=(string)UYVY, width=(int)640, height=(int)480, framerate=(fraction)30/1, multiview-mode=(string)mono, pixel-aspect-ratio=(fraction)1/1, interlace-mode=(string)progressive
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAutoVideoSink:autovideosink0.GstGhostPad:sink.GstProxyPad:proxypad0: caps = video/x-raw, format=(string)UYVY, width=(int)640, height=(int)480, framerate=(fraction)30/1, multiview-mode=(string)mono, pixel-aspect-ratio=(fraction)1/1, interlace-mode=(string)progressive
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAutoVideoSink:autovideosink0/GstGLImageSinkBin:autovideosink0-actual-sink-glimage.GstGhostPad:sink.GstProxyPad:proxypad1: caps = video/x-raw, format=(string)UYVY, width=(int)640, height=(int)480, framerate=(fraction)30/1, multiview-mode=(string)mono, pixel-aspect-ratio=(fraction)1/1, interlace-mode=(string)progressive
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAutoVideoSink:autovideosink0/GstGLImageSinkBin:autovideosink0-actual-sink-glimage/GstGLUploadElement:gluploadelement0.GstPad:src: caps = video/x-raw(memory:GLMemory), format=(string)RGBA, width=(int)640, height=(int)480, framerate=(fraction)30/1, multiview-mode=(string)mono, pixel-aspect-ratio=(fraction)1/1, interlace-mode=(string)progressive, texture-target=(string)2D
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAutoVideoSink:autovideosink0/GstGLImageSinkBin:autovideosink0-actual-sink-glimage/GstGLColorConvertElement:glcolorconvertelement0.GstPad:src: caps = video/x-raw(memory:GLMemory), format=(string)RGBA, width=(int)640, height=(int)480, framerate=(fraction)30/1, multiview-mode=(string)mono, pixel-aspect-ratio=(fraction)1/1, interlace-mode=(string)progressive, texture-target=(string)2D
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAutoVideoSink:autovideosink0/GstGLImageSinkBin:autovideosink0-actual-sink-glimage/GstGLColorBalance:glcolorbalance0.GstPad:src: caps = video/x-raw(memory:GLMemory), format=(string)RGBA, width=(int)640, height=(int)480, framerate=(fraction)30/1, multiview-mode=(string)mono, pixel-aspect-ratio=(fraction)1/1, interlace-mode=(string)progressive, texture-target=(string)2D
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAutoVideoSink:autovideosink0/GstGLImageSinkBin:autovideosink0-actual-sink-glimage/GstGLImageSink:sink.GstPad:sink: caps = video/x-raw(memory:GLMemory), format=(string)RGBA, width=(int)640, height=(int)480, framerate=(fraction)30/1, multiview-mode=(string)mono, pixel-aspect-ratio=(fraction)1/1, interlace-mode=(string)progressive, texture-target=(string)2D
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAutoVideoSink:autovideosink0/GstGLImageSinkBin:autovideosink0-actual-sink-glimage/GstGLColorBalance:glcolorbalance0.GstPad:sink: caps = video/x-raw(memory:GLMemory), format=(string)RGBA, width=(int)640, height=(int)480, framerate=(fraction)30/1, multiview-mode=(string)mono, pixel-aspect-ratio=(fraction)1/1, interlace-mode=(string)progressive, texture-target=(string)2D
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAutoVideoSink:autovideosink0/GstGLImageSinkBin:autovideosink0-actual-sink-glimage/GstGLColorConvertElement:glcolorconvertelement0.GstPad:sink: caps = video/x-raw(memory:GLMemory), format=(string)RGBA, width=(int)640, height=(int)480, framerate=(fraction)30/1, multiview-mode=(string)mono, pixel-aspect-ratio=(fraction)1/1, interlace-mode=(string)progressive, texture-target=(string)2D
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAutoVideoSink:autovideosink0/GstGLImageSinkBin:autovideosink0-actual-sink-glimage/GstGLUploadElement:gluploadelement0.GstPad:sink: caps = video/x-raw, format=(string)UYVY, width=(int)640, height=(int)480, framerate=(fraction)30/1, multiview-mode=(string)mono, pixel-aspect-ratio=(fraction)1/1, interlace-mode=(string)progressive
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAutoVideoSink:autovideosink0/GstGLImageSinkBin:autovideosink0-actual-sink-glimage.GstGhostPad:sink: caps = video/x-raw, format=(string)UYVY, width=(int)640, height=(int)480, framerate=(fraction)30/1, multiview-mode=(string)mono, pixel-aspect-ratio=(fraction)1/1, interlace-mode=(string)progressive
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAutoVideoSink:autovideosink0.GstGhostPad:sink: caps = video/x-raw, format=(string)UYVY, width=(int)640, height=(int)480, framerate=(fraction)30/1, multiview-mode=(string)mono, pixel-aspect-ratio=(fraction)1/1, interlace-mode=(string)progressive
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstCapsFilter:capsfilter0.GstPad:sink: caps = video/x-raw, format=(string)UYVY, width=(int)640, height=(int)480, framerate=(fraction)30/1, multiview-mode=(string)mono, pixel-aspect-ratio=(fraction)1/1, interlace-mode=(string)progressive
Pipeline is PREROLLED ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstSystemClock

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

dan_searles
Contributor I

This is on an NXP board.

I found a solution to at least get a window to appear on the display, and that is to change the sink from autovideosink to kmssink. Still some issues with scaling, but at least I verified that I can now get something to appear.

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

do you use nxp board or customized board? I tested this command on my imx8M EVK board successfully,

pls try to use the command "gst-launch-1.0 playbin uri=file://$FILE" to test again

0 Kudos