cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gstreamer videosink in qt5 - eglfs

woutervh
Contributor IV

Hello,

I'm moving an application we currently have on an intel-platform in QT4 to QT5 on imx6.

Previously, it was running on top of X11, so I used the gst_is_video_overlay_prapare_window_handle_message callback to set a window handle.

But now I want to move to eglfs platform. What videosink should I use? And how to position/embed it in my application? Anyone has an example?

Grt,

Wouter

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Wouter

for available options one can look in Linux Guide sect.7 Multimedia

included in Linux L4.14.78_1.0.0 Documentation

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.14.78_1.0.0_LINUX_DOCS&appType=license&location=null 

All documentation is available on

i.MX Software|NXP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

woutervh
Contributor IV

Hello, I know how to play video on the IMX6, I just don't know how to embed it in qt5 widgets on eglfs...

0 Kudos

marcomadrigal
Contributor III

Hi,

The common solution for this kind of applications is to display the video on a separate frame buffer and the QT application on another and use the color key to display the video. This is usually more efficient than trying to render the video directly from a QT application.

Regards,

-Marco

www.ridgerun.com

0 Kudos