cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

glxgears not working for imx6q sabrelite board

shivkumaragarwa
Contributor I

Hi ,

I am trying to make hardware acceleration for X11 .I followed the link Installing Ubuntu Rootfs on NXP i.MX6 boards | NXP Community   .My kernel version is 3.14 and I am using the ubuntu 14.04 rootfs. My xsever vesion is 1.15 and BSP packages which ii followed is imx-viv-5.0.11.p7.4 .I am able to run glxinfo , es2gears ,es2_info . But when I am trying to run glxgears .My xserver is getting hanged consuming about 100% of CPU and glxgears also doesn't works .Can Please some one help

0 Kudos
3 Replies

goel_mohit006
Contributor I

can you please share how you have run  gear and glxinfo program

i am using i.mx phytec mira board with x11 and imxgpu viv

it will be a grate help because i stuck in to run this progrm

thanks

Mohit goel

0 Kudos

shivkumaragarwa
Contributor I

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your response. As we are using the 3.14 kernel .I tried using the prebuilt image    for 3.14.52 kernel.

i.MX Linux kernel 3.14.52 - Boundary Devices   . But lightdm is not working for me i tried running startx    I am getting following error Also attaching the Xorg logs and lightdm logs.

Initializing built-in extension XVideo
Initializing built-in extension XVideo-MotionCompensation
Initializing built-in extension SELinux
Initializing built-in extension XFree86-VidModeExtension
Initializing built-in extension XFree86-DGA
Initializing built-in extension XFree86-DRI
Initializing built-in extension DRI2
Loading extension GLX
Loading extension vivext

xinit: connection to X server lost

waiting for X server to shut down (EE) Server terminated successfully (0). Closing log file.

0 Kudos

gary_bisson
Senior Contributor III

Hi,

For the best SabreLite support, I suggest you use the prebuilt images from here:

i.MX6 images 

In your case, you need this one for Ubuntu:

Ubuntu Xenial for i.MX6/7 boards – August 2016 (kernel 4.1.15) - Boundary Devices 

It includes full graphical/multimedia support for i.MX6 as packages, no need to build anything.

Regards,

Gary