cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

glTexDirectVIV documentation

Jump to solution
volki
Contributor III

Our company is currently going to evaluate some ARM platforms. One of them may be an i.MX6.

We want to have a fast processing of CPI images via the GPU. One solution may be one that is mentioned in the blog of Andre Silva

Computer Vision on i.MX Processors: Video to Texture Streaming (Part 3) - i.MX6 processor

but apart from that site I couldn't find any documentation about glTexDirectVIV.and no example code how one could directly stream from CPI to memory

accessible via OpenGL.

There are several posts about using gstreamer, but we're interested in a pure OpenGL based solution. So is there some kind of direct

streaming from CPI to an OpenGL texture? Sample code would be much appreciated.

Labels (3)
1 Solution
volki
Contributor III

I just found a documentation PDF in the L3.0.35_4.0.0_docs package.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please take a look at the Vivante VDK located in the following link:

i.MX6Q Product Summary Page

Under IDE - Debug, Compile and Build Tools

You will find examples to textures.

0 Kudos
volki
Contributor III

Is there any documentation about the possible power of two requirements (or performance penalties in case of NPOT) regarding the texture size used in glTexDirectVIVMAP?

0 Kudos
volki
Contributor III

I finally downloaded the VDK and installed the emulator and the texture tools package on a windows pc. But neither the README nor the emulator samples mentions glTexDirectVIV. I only could find the declaration in the header files. So my question is still, where can I find any documentation. It does not seem to be a valid khronos extension, or at least I couldn't find any documentation on the khronos website.

0 Kudos
volki
Contributor III

I just found a documentation PDF in the L3.0.35_4.0.0_docs package.

0 Kudos