cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

git.freescale.com down

Jump to solution
abader
Contributor I

We noticed this morning our builds started failing. Looks like attempting to clone firmware-imx is failing.

When I try to clone the repo independent of a yocto build I see the following output:

git clone git://git.freescale.com/imx/imx-firmware.git
Cloning into 'imx-firmware'...
fatal: unable to connect to git.freescale.com:
git.freescale.com[0: 192.88.156.202]: errno=Connection refused

Are there mirrors we could using for this repo?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Adam Bader, Diego Perez, and Alex Movitz, 

The git://git.freescale.com repository was replaced by git://github.com/NXP/imx-firmware

Some recipes may still refer to the old repository so please replace them on the recipes where you are experiencing issues.

Regards,

View solution in original post

32 Replies
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Adam Bader, Diego Perez, and Alex Movitz, 

The git://git.freescale.com repository was replaced by git://github.com/NXP/imx-firmware

Some recipes may still refer to the old repository so please replace them on the recipes where you are experiencing issues.

Regards,

jontsmith
Contributor III

@gusarambula  I am trying to download the full imx6 Android Oreo source from the nxp web site.  This is the name of the package:

IMX_O8.0.0_1.0.0_ANDROID_SOURCE

When I unzip and run the script “imx_android_setup.sh”  I get this error:

fatal: unable to look up git.freescale.com (port 9418) (Name or service not known)

I believe the problem is that the manifest.xml on the CodeAurora site is out of date and points to the old freescale servers.  Can you update this manifest so the script will work?

https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/imx-manifest/tree/imx-o8.0.0_1.0.0_ga.xml?h=imx-android-o...

0 Kudos
rajathkumardiva
Contributor II

Hi gusarambula,

Could you pls get the updated link for this from NXP.

IMX_MIRROR ?= http://www.freescale.com/lgfiles/NMG/MAD/YOCTO/      <- Obsolete link

Thanks,

0 Kudos
wmcrae
Contributor I

It does not appear that everything from the git://git.freescale.com repository was properly migrated to git://github.com/NXP/imx-firmware (or any other repo I see under user NXP), as now I'm getting the following build errors:

ERROR: linux-compulab-4.1.15-r0 do_fetch: Fetcher failure: Unable to resolve 'rel_imx_4.1.15_1.2.0_ga' in upstream git repository in git ls-remote output for github.com/NXP/imx-firmware.git
ERROR: linux-compulab-4.1.15-r0 do_fetch: Function failed: base_do_fetch

The original repo, now unavailable, I believe was pulled from git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git
The current failure, however, is failing to pull what was previously housed in git://git.freescale.com/imx/linux-imx.git

Can you assist? This is blocking all new builds, which means new releases for our customers.

Thanks,

Whitaker

0 Kudos
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Whitaker,

My apologies. Most of what was on git.freescale.com should be now on github.com/NXP have you tried with this repository (instead of the imx-firmware)?

And also, which BSP Release are you using? That would help us see which recipes seem affected. If you have not sync the repos in a while it could help to sync them as some recipes might have been updated.

Regards,

0 Kudos
wmcrae
Contributor I

Hello gusarambula,

Unfortunately there is no linux-imx repo under github.com/NXP, so your suggestion above just results in a "Repository not found" error instead of "unable to connect" as before.

The original `linux-compulab` recipe that is failing is located here:
GitHub - compulab-yokneam/meta-compulab: CompuLab Yocto Meta Layer 
Per build instructions located here:
01. Build CompuLab Images · compulab-yokneam/meta-compulab Wiki · GitHub 

In these instructions we are using imx-morty BSP release. All repos have been synced.

Upon attempting `bitbake linux-compulab` the failure output is:

ERROR: linux-compulab-4.1.15-r0 do_fetch: Fetcher failure: Fetch command export DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS="unix:abstract=/tmp/dbus-bRczdjGFFJ"; export SSH_AUTH_SOCK="/run/user/1000/keyring-W08vRp/ssh"; export PATH="<redacted>"; export HOME="/home/john"; git -c core.fsyncobjectfiles=0 ls-remote git://git.freescale.com/imx/linux-imx.git failed with exit code 128, output:
ERROR: linux-compulab-4.1.15-r0 do_fetch: Function failed: base_do_fetch

When I grep sources dir I can see the old git.freescale/com/imx/linux-imx.git repo referenced 2 places:
meta-freescale/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-imx.inc:SRC_URI = "git://git.freescale.com/imx/linux-imx.git;branch=${SRCBRANCH} \
meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-bsp/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-imx_4.1.33.bb:KERNEL_SRC ?= "git://git.freescale.com/imx/linux-imx.git;protocol=git"

Are there replacements for these meta-freescale and meta-fsl-bsp-release recipes that were previously synced per compulab instructions (linked above), or can you advise changes that need to be made to build imx-morty BSP?  As you can see from compulab info (linked above) we are stuck on imx-morty for the time being.

Can you advise how to proceed in fixing the build after the missing git.freescale.com repo(s)?

Thanks!
Whitaker

0 Kudos
cory2
Contributor I

Thanks for this. We are still using the Rocko Yocto release at the moment, and firmware-imx is version 5.4. The issue still remaining is that the SRCREV for 5.4 does not exist on the Github project for firmware-imx.

To fix the build, I created a bbappend to override the SRC_URI with the github project, and also to override the SRCREV with the latest available:

# Override the SRC_URI, NXP has moved their git hosting to github
SRC_URI = "${FSL_MIRROR}/firmware-imx-${PV}.bin;fsl-eula=true \
git://github.com/NXP/imx-firmware.git;branch=${SRCBRANCH};destsuffix=${S}/git "

# Override the SRCREV with the latest version from the new git repo on github.
# The SRCREV in firmware-imx_5.4 does not exist anymore.
SRCREV = "f6d0859f9435796f03ae93b70b5f92f4406bc56d"

However, overriding the SRCREV should make someone nervous who uses the Broadcom or Cypress WiFi/Bluetooth support. This seems like a risk if someone is not wanting to move forward just yet. The repo doesn't seem to be a full mirror or copy with all the versions available.

Regards,

Cory

0 Kudos
alexmovitz
Contributor II

This is not a compatible repository.

git.freescale.com hosts a lot of repositories.

github.com/NXP/imx-firmware is a single repository that has nothing to do with our recipes that are no longer building.

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Adam Bader,

This error has happened in the past. I’m investigating what’s the problem with the server.

As for the firmware-imx package, there should be a mirror. It has happened that having two URLs to download the firmware causes an error, which can be avoided by deleting the git.freescale.com URL from the firmware-imx recipe. (This is just a workaround, but it may help).

Regards,

0 Kudos
diegoperez
Contributor II

I have the same problem

Get git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git

fatal: cannot obtain manifest git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git

0 Kudos
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Diego Perez,

Would you please provide more details on which BSP are you using? It's plausible that the manifest was migrated.

Regards,

0 Kudos
alexmovitz
Contributor II

We and all of our partners are experiencing the same issue. We have clones of some of the repositories, but not all.

NXP, should these public repos get moved to GitHub or similar?

0 Kudos