cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gcc 4.5.1 in LTIB 2.6.35_1109 and QSB

VincentChou1z
Contributor III

Hi!  Everyone,

Could anyone provide some insights about upgrading gcc 4.4.3 to gcc 4.5.1 in LTIB 2.6.35_1109 and QSB?  We need to build some applications but these application can only be compiled under gcc 4.5.1.  Thanks!

Vincent

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

KrishnaPavan
Contributor II

Hi,

The way you have downloaded LTIB from freescale, you have to download the Linaro tool chain.

Check this link https://launchpad.net/gcc-linaro/+milestone/4.5-2012.03

0 Kudos

VincentChou1z
Contributor III

We checked the following link!  

https://wiki.linaro.org/Boards/MX53QuickStart

Apparently the steps described in this page do not work.  Any other page should we follow?

0 Kudos

VincentChou1z
Contributor III

In that case, where can I get it?  Is it the same directory architecture like freescale LTIB?  Could we easily move what we have already modified into the LINARO LTIB?  

0 Kudos

KrishnaPavan
Contributor II

So, you were talking about adding applications in LTIB and not running applications in linux?

Then you should try the LINARO LTIB. It meets your requirements,

Vincent Chou said:

Should we use steps in the pdf "Adding new toolchain in LTIB" to upgrade the whole toolchain in order to move to gcc 4.5.1?  Any potential hazards we may come across?

0 Kudos

MaciejHalasz
Contributor I

Yes, the BSP/SDK is free of charge. No royalties of any kind. You can build device drivers and cross compile them easily with the cross-toolchain that comes with the SDK. You don't have to use an IDE. I believe there is no IDE coming with LTIB either.

0 Kudos

VincentChou1z
Contributor III

Is the BSP free of charge?  If we use it in a commercial product, do we have to pay certain royalty?  If we want to develop certain driver in this BSP, could we use LTIB with this BSP or have to use TimeStorm?

0 Kudos

MaciejHalasz
Contributor I

There is one other option. You can register for a free account for i.MX53 on www.timesys.com/register

You will get access to a free BSP/SDK that uses gcc 4.5.3 and the Freescale Linux kernel - 2.6.35 - same as in LTIB,  I believe there are 2 BSPs that you can download - small footprint and multimedia.

Don't know about your application API requirements, but you can pick from 1400+ packages (APIs) and build your own, customized version of that BSP/SDK on timesys website as well. HTH

0 Kudos

VincentChou1z
Contributor III

Should we use steps in the pdf "Adding new toolchain in LTIB" to upgrade the whole toolchain in order to move to gcc 4.5.1?  Any potential hazards we may come across?

0 Kudos

KrishnaPavan
Contributor II

Easy way is to cross compile and port the application binary, if, you are using linux in LTIB.

Would not that be possible?

Using gcc in linux in LTIB, has not been that encouraging for me, when I tried, so I went for CC.

0 Kudos

VincentChou1z
Contributor III

We are using the linux from LTIB because it uses less resource. 

0 Kudos

KrishnaPavan
Contributor II

Hi,

Are you using Ubuntu linux or the linux from LTIB?

0 Kudos