cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gateway prototype based on i.Mx6sx SABRE SDB

jibin1246
Contributor II

Hello,

I am working on a prototype implementation for CAN/Ethernet Gateway based on linux.

I am using NXP i.Mx6soloX SABRE SDB evalution board and kernel 4.1.15  for the implementation.

I have a physical CAN controller connected to the board and enabled the CAN by using following commands at the command console of the target board.

root@imx6sx_all:~# sudo ip link set can0 type can bitrate 50000

root@imx6sx_all:~# sudo ip link set up can0

Now i am able to see the CAN messages using can-utils candump can0 from the target board command line console.

Now I would really like to know how i can implement a gateway to route the messages from CAN port to Ethernet port on the evaluation board. Also how i can perform the protocol conversion from CAN to UDP/IP or TCP/IP ?

Any relevant information is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Jibin

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Refer to the following links:

Linux CAN - Ethernet Gateway · GitHub

https://rtime.felk.cvut.cz/can/can-eth-gw.pdf

Hope it will be helpful.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------