g2d_open() fails with status -7

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

g2d_open() fails with status -7

mark_cowan_2
Contributor I

I have a problem with g2d_open() on the 3.0.35 Linux kernel.  I am using the drivers found in imx-gpu-viv-5.0.11.p4.5-hfp binary package and have initialized the galcore device with the following settings:

insmod /lib/modules/3.0.35/kernel/drivers/mxc/gpu-v
iv/galcore.ko irqLine=-1 registerMemBase=0x00220000 registerMemSize=0x00004000 i
rqLine=41 irqLine2D=42 irqLineVG=43 registerMemBase2D=0x002240000 registerMemSiz
e2D=0x00004000 contiguousSize=0x00800000 fastClear=-1 baseAddress=0.

galcore can be opened.  However g2d_open() fails with a status of -7 reported from the g2d driver.  What am I missing?  Do The kernel is built for HFP on an imx6 (Solo).  I am using a debian build, not Yocto.  The vivante library files are in my /usr/lib directory with read/write permissions set for everyone..  The settings in the mxc/gpu-viv/config file are the default settings. 

Do I need to use a different driver or is there some other setting I have failed to set?  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

nico_dutoit
Contributor I

Hi I seem to be having the same issue and it is really ODD. 

Debian Debootstrapped Image Stretch 9.9 

Xorg 1.20

Kernel 4.9.88 patched with 6.2.2 drivers 

Vivante libraries 6.2.2 as well. 

Xorg-vivante plugins 6.2.2

I have tried the above (https://boundarydevices.com/debian-stretch-9-0/ ) Image and it worked with my kernel 4.9.88 and modules. The only way I can get my system to work is copying XORG 1.19 and all the accompanied and libraries over. Then only do I not get the "g2d_open() fails with status -7"  status and Xorg crash. Attached is my XORG log file.

Any Idea why I would be experiencing these issues ? 

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mark

L3.0.35 Linux kernel is very old, one can try to follow

Debian on the i.MX6 sabre sd platform in a few commands 

recommendation to move to move new kernels, described on

Debian Stretch 9.2 for i.MX6/7 boards - October 2017 (kernel 4.1.15/4.9.x) - Boundary Devices 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos