cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fxls8962afr1 sensor's TEMP_OUT register output calculation

sheik
Contributor I

Hi,

I am using fxls8962afr1 accelerometer sensor in our imx6ul platform. I have configured the chip and we are getting data ready interrupt successfully. OUT X,Y,Z values are changing in case of any movement or activity. I am also able to read TEMP_OUT register value. I would like to know how to convert TEMP_OUT register value to degree celsius. In data sheet it has been mentioned like when this register contains the value 00h, the measured temperature is 25°C. How could I convert this incremental register output value to degree celsius. Please provide your suggestions.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

sheik
Contributor I

Hi Igor,
AS mentioned 1 °C/LSB . But How do we calculate the TEMP_OUT value as we are not clear on how to convert the value which we read from the register. Also let us know, how the value 00 is taken as 25 °C

Best Regards

Sheik

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi sheik

for temperature calculation one can use sect.9.6 Temperature sensor characteristics :

Sensitivity :  1 °C/LSB  (TYP)

FXLS8962AF, 3-Axis Low-g Accelerometer - Data Sheet

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

sheik
Contributor I

Hi Igor,
AS mentioned 1 °C/LSB . But How do we calculate the TEMP_OUT value as we are not clear on how to convert the value which we read from the register. Also let us know, how the value 00 is taken as 25 °C

Best Regards

Sheik

0 Kudos