cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fsl-image-validation-imx-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: Could not invoke dnf

khang_letruong1
Contributor I

Hello experts,

I'm building the fsl-image-validation-imx image using fsl-yocto-L4.9.123_2.3.0_mx8mm under Ubuntu-16.04 :

$ repo init -u https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/imx-manifest -b imx-linux-rocko -m imx-4.9.123-2.3.0-8mm_ga.xml
$ repo sync

$ bitbake fsl-image-validation-imx

And I got following error :

ERROR: fsl-image-validation-imx-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: Could not invoke dnf. Command '/home/nxp/Workspace/Ref/Platforms/iMX/Common/imx-yocto-bsp/build-wayland/tmp/work/imx8mmevk-poky-linux/fsl-image-validation-imx/1.0-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/dnf -y -c /home/nxp/Workspace/Ref/Platforms/iMX/Common/imx-yocto-bsp/build-wayland/tmp/work/imx8mmevk-poky-linux/fsl-image-validation-imx/1.0-r0/rootfs/etc/dnf/dnf.conf --setopt=reposdir=/home/nxp/Workspace/Ref/Platforms/iMX/Common/imx-yocto-bsp/build-wayland/tmp/work/imx8mmevk-poky-linux/fsl-image-validation-imx/1.0-r0/rootfs/etc/yum.repos.d --repofrompath=oe-repo,/home/nxp/Workspace/Ref/Platforms/iMX/Common/imx-yocto-bsp/build-wayland/tmp/work/imx8mmevk-poky-linux/fsl-image-validation-imx/1.0-r0/oe-rootfs-repo --installroot=/home/nxp/Workspace/Ref/Platforms/iMX/Common/imx-yocto-bsp/build-wayland/tmp/work/imx8mmevk-poky-linux/fsl-image-validation-imx/1.0-r0/rootfs --setopt=logdir=/home/nxp/Workspace/Ref/Platforms/iMX/Common/imx-yocto-bsp/build-wayland/tmp/work/imx8mmevk-poky-linux/fsl-image-validation-imx/1.0-r0/temp makecache --refresh' returned 1:
/home/nxp/.local/lib/python3.5/site-packages/dnf.py:15: UserWarning: The DNF Python API is not currently available via PyPI.

Please install it with your distro package manager (typically called
'python2-dnf' or 'python3-dnf'), and ensure that any virtual environments
needing the API are configured to be able to see the system site packages
directory.

warnings.warn(warning_msg)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/nxp/Workspace/Ref/Platforms/iMX/Common/imx-yocto-bsp/build-wayland/tmp/work/imx8mmevk-poky-linux/fsl-image-validation-imx/1.0-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/dnf.real", line 57, in <module>
    from dnf.cli import main
ImportError: No module named 'dnf.cli'; 'dnf' is not a package

ERROR: fsl-image-validation-imx-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: Function failed: do_rootfs
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/nxp/Workspace/Ref/Platforms/iMX/Common/imx-yocto-bsp/build-wayland/tmp/work/imx8mmevk-poky-linux/fsl-image-validation-imx/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.22789
ERROR: Task (/home/nxp/Workspace/Ref/Platforms/iMX/Common/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-sdk/recipes-fsl/images/fsl-image-validation-imx.bb:do_rootfs) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 6339 tasks of which 6338 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

Do you have any suggestion, please ?

Thanks and best regards,

Khang

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

khang_letruong1
Contributor I

Hi karan.gajjar@volansystech.com‌,

Thanks for your kind support. Currently I'm good with the solution of this issue. However, I might be waiting for the solution of "git-lfs" related issue in other thread.

Regards,

Khang

0 Kudos

karangajjar
Senior Contributor II

Hi  Khang Le Truong,

We have followed the below steps and successfully able to generate fsl-image-validation-imx image.

mkdir imx-yocto-bsp
cd imx-yocto-bsp
repo init -u https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/imx-manifest -b imx-linux-rocko -m imx-4.9.123-2.3.0-8mm_ga.xml
repo sync

DISTRO=fsl-imx-wayland MACHINE=imx8mmevk source fsl-setup-release.sh -b build-wayland
bitbake fsl-image-validation-imx

We have used 'fsl-imx-wayland' DISTRO during the build. Are you using the same DISTRO? If not which DISTRO you are using?

Also, have you added/removed any package in fsl-image-validation-imx image or from local.conf file? If you can share the local.conf file it will be good.

Regards,

Karan Gajjar

0 Kudos

khang_letruong1
Contributor I

Dear karan.gajjar@volansystech.com‌,

I confirm using 'fsl-imx-wayland' DISTRO during the build and do NOT add/remove any package from conf/local.conf. Btw, I had same problem while bitbaking the "core-image-base", but I could resolve the error "Could not invoke dnf" by removing the previously installed dnf in my host machine :

$ pip uninstall dnf
$ pip3 uninstall dnf

But with imx-4.14.98-2.0.0_ga, I still have the problem as described in other thread :

git -c core.fsyncobjectfiles=0 checkout -B imx_18.11 64441b79b83e0790008486779054e9da891537f3 failed with exit code 128, output:
git-lfs smudge -- 'data/images/1280x720.ppm': 1: git-lfs smudge -- 'data/images/1280x720.ppm': git-lfs: not found
error: external filter git-lfs smudge -- %f failed -1
error: external filter git-lfs smudge -- %f failed
fatal: data/images/1280x720.ppm: smudge filter lfs failed

ERROR: arm-compute-library-18.11+gitAUTOINC+64441b79b8-r0 do_unpack: Function failed: base_do_unpack

Thanks and best regards,

Khang

0 Kudos

karangajjar
Senior Contributor II

Hi Khang Le Truong,

Have you applied the solution given by Radhika Somaiya on the original thread.

Have you done fresh build again? Have you installed 'git-lfs' referring the link.

Thanks,

Karan Gajjar

0 Kudos

karangajjar
Senior Contributor II

Hi Khang Le Truong,

Can you please confirm if the given solution worked for you?

Regards,

Karan Gajjar

0 Kudos

khang_letruong1
Contributor I

Dear karan.gajjar@volansystech.com‌,

I confirm the given solution works for the fsl-image-validation-imx image,  'fsl-imx-wayland' DISTRO using fsl-yocto-L4.9.123_2.3.0_mx8mm under Ubuntu-16.04.

For imx-4.14.98-2.0.0_ga, it also works with "core-image-base" (the only image I tested). However, you might struggle other errors with fsl-image-validation-imx image prior this one.

Best regards,

Khang

0 Kudos

karangajjar
Senior Contributor II

Hi Khang Le Truong,

Thanks for your confirmation. Do you need further assistance with this?

Regards,

Karan Gajjar

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Good!

0 Kudos