cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

freescale imx6qdl-sabresd PTP connection to PC Windows

seanhsu
Contributor II

Hi all:

First of all, nice to meet you guys. I am new here BTW. I have a question and hopefully I can get some answers or helpful

feedback here. My question is as below:

===================

I am using a imx6qdl-sabresd board with freescale FW version 3.14.28 and 4.1.15, and my goal is to

establish a connection between the board and the PC Windows OS through PTP protocol.

I know that the board already supports MTP/PTP functions. I however am not sure whether I have to

explicitly install the PTP package in local.conf or not(eg: IMAGE_INSTALL_append += "PTP packagename".

If I do, what is the package name. If PTP is supported or if not but packages is successfully installed to the image,

then how should I get started?

1. on freescale side(device), should I implement a driver code that uses the PTP functions?

2. on Windows side, should I install any driver that can establish the PTP connection to the board?

Does any one have similiar experience? I very appreciate if anyone reply me any helpful feedbacks.Thank

you and have a nice day.

BR

Sean Hsu

3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sean

please follow attached Linux Manual Chapter 44

ENET IEEE-1588 Driver and use

Board Support Packages (35)

L4.1.15_1.0.0_MX6QDLSOLO (REV L4.1.15_1.0.0)

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-process...

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

seanhsu
Contributor II

Hi igor:

First of all, thanks for replying. Actually what I want is PTP(Picture Transfer Protocol), not Percision Time Protocol.

I need to establish connection between iMX6-sabresd board and Windows PC by using Picture Transfer Protocol.

I know that Linux supports PTP, I just don't know how to use them. If you have any idea that can get me start, please let me know. I really appreciate it. Thank you.

0 Kudos

seanhsu
Contributor II

Hi igor:

Thanks for replying, but the PTP I am talking about is (Picture Transfer Protocol). I know linux supports PTP and MTP as host side, and it can connect to digital camera as device side. Linux is on the initiator side, and device is on the responder side. However, what I need to for linux to act as the responder side and connect to PC as initiator side. I cannot find any references, and I don't know if anyone has done this. So far I know is only Android has this functionality ready that it can connect to PC. Now I need a user space daemon that implements the code on the PTP protocol layer and its connections with USB physical layer. If you have any idea on how to do this, please let me know. Thank your for replying.

BR

Sean Hsu

0 Kudos